My friends mom is dying...**Please see new Thread!!** Finally Long Awaited- Tracy's B

Lov2Crochet

10/31-

I am waiting on one more pkg and then I will start assembling. I am aprehensive about assembling b/c I haven't ever done it before and I want the blanket to look nice. Wish me luck and any advice you have I would surely take!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have all of the squares edged and I want to know if there are anymore coming. I posted pics of all the ones I have received so far. Please let me know so I know how to proceed. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**I will have enough squares after I receive the last few I am waiting on. Thank you so much everyone for coming together and helping me out so much with this 'ghan. I started edging today so I will continue to work on that for the next few days. I can't tell you all enough how much I appreciate all the squares. I will post pics after I get them all edged.**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the age of 50 she has been diagnosed with cancer for the 2nd time. The first time she had cervical cancer, did chemo and said they got it all and now 3 years later they diagnosed her with stage 4 adominal/liver/ lung cancer. The original cancer has spread. They have given her 1 yr to live but having gone through the same thing myself with my mom, I know she probably won't make it even a year.

My friend Tracy is 27 years old with 3 little ones. Tracy and I have been friends since the 2nd grade and her mom was kind of like my 2nd mom so I really feel for her. I want to make her a comfortghan to let her know I am thinking of her.

I was thinking 8" squares, any pattern done with WW 4-ply yarn. Colors preferred- Earth Tones, Cream, Sage (green), Plum, Maroon, dark red, darker toned down colors. No bright, flouresant colors.

Please PM me if you would like to help me out. Thanks

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too have PM'd you glad to help I have plenty of those type of colours in my stash. Would you want wool or acrylic?

"Just because my lips aren't moving doesn't mean I'm not counting shh!"

I too have PM'd you glad to help I have plenty of those type of colours in my stash. Would you want wool or acrylic?

Acrylic please. Thank you everyone that has offered to help so far, it really means a lot. :hug

Missed the mailman, so mine will be in the mail tomorrow.:hook

Thank you!:manyheart

Well I got an update from Tracy today, her mom is still in the hospital, they did a scan of her brain yesterday and they found a 4cm tumor. They are going to do radiation everyday to help shrink the tumors so maybe she can get some relief from the pain and go home. It doesn't sound good to me, sounds just like what my mom went through and she only made it 3 months of the 1 yr they gave her. :(

My cousin Traci died of bone cancer shortly before her 46th birthday. She was diagnosed with it when she was 44. I don't think the doctors expected her to live to see 45 but she was a very strong young woman and had battled other cancers before and won. We lost her last year. Keep the faith and she will too. I have one square completed and will shortly start another.

My cousin Traci died of bone cancer shortly before her 46th birthday. She was diagnosed with it when she was 44. I don't think the doctors expected her to live to see 45 but she was a very strong young woman and had battled other cancers before and won. We lost her last year. Keep the faith and she will too. I have one square completed and will shortly start another.

Thank you, I told Tracy to just spend as much time with her mom as she could and help her in anyway to make her comfortable. I wish I would have spent more time with my mom before she passed but the doctors gave us false hope and I thought she would be around longer. :(

My first square is in the wash. I had some RHSS in dark plum I hope it softens up a bit. I tried a pattern that I have been afraid to try before because I thought it looked hard,turned out to be really easy. It is called the aligned cable stitch I have a leaflet from Leisure Arts called 63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches. Some are easier than others! But they all come out in an 8" block once I add a single crochet edge to them! Hope they will do. Starting another square tonight had to frog last nights was coming out too weird.

Archived