Thanksgiving Boucle Afghan materials problem

Tiga

Okay, so in the latest issue of Crochet World is this awesome orange/marroon/reddish-brown afghan done in boucle and the V-stitch -- great for Florida Novembers, where it doesn't get freezing cold, but just barely nippy.

However, NONE of the 5 JoAnn's locally have heard of Sensations Rainbow Boucle #490 Brown. They have brown, but it's a dirty, dark brown (actually, it's one of the few downright ugly colored yarns I've ever seen), and not orange at all and NOT #490; the number starts with #491, and then has 3 more digits after that. They had orange, and I did buy two skeins of it, but the afghan in the picture (It's the cover picture on this month's issue - click here to see it) is clearly shades of orange and marroon. The complementary yarn is the Angel Hair in berry (which I could find), and that is red, orange, pink, and blends of the same.

Anyway, the question at the end of this is, does anyone know to which shade of JoAnn's Sensations Rainbow Boucle they might be referring?

Alternately, does anyone know Katherine Eng, the designer, or how to contact her so I can ask her what yarn she actually used?

Right now, I have the orange with tan flecks and the Angel Hair in the Autumn Print (orange, gold, green), but it's not exactly the same, and I really like the orange/maroon combination in the picture. Of course, it could all be a trick of light, and then I'll be really unhappy. :(

Archived