Jingo -14" CPK

darski

Jingo – 14 inch CPK :pinterest

Not a beginner’s pattern.

post-4896-135897425371_thumb.jpg

This pattern came from an outfit I saw on the net and just loved. You don’t usually think of these colours for a baby but they sure look cute when made.

This needs Medium WW yarn in ‘coffee with cream’ colour and white. (small amount of Dk Brown is also used for shoes) 5.5mm and 6.5 mm hooks are used.

Short Pants…

Begin with the legs. Make 2 but do not break off after making the second leg part.

Ch 26 in ‘coffee’ and join

Row 1: hdc around, secure but DNBO (Do not Break Off)

Row 2: attach white and work a row of sc. Break off white

Row 3-5: Hdc evenly around.

Join legs and begin torso…

Row T1: Align the two legs and sc together over 6 stitches, begin working in hdc and when you get to the back – work 1 dc in the stitch before the join, 1 dc into the join and 1 dc into the stitch following the join, continue around in hdc and join.

Row T2: hdc up to 1st dc on row T1, work 2 dc in each dc, continue to end with hdc.

Rows T3-T7: hdc evenly around

Row T8: work in hdc around but work hdc decrease on each ‘side’ of back. (I have 46 hdc at this point)

Row T9-T10: work FPdc in st, hdc in next. Break off and tidy all ends.

Add the two buttons to receive the straps and the 3 decorative buttons down the front of the pants.

Straps…

Find the 3 centre stitches at the Centre Back..

Work hdc in 1st, 2hdc in next, hdc in next

Work even in hdc. Ch 1 turn

2 hdc in 1st stitch, hdc in next 2, 2 hdc in last. Ch 1 and turn

divide straps….

Hdc in 1st, 2hdc in next, hdc in next. Ch 1 and turn. (4 dc for strap)

Continue to work evenly for as many rows as you need to be able to meet the button at the front . work a buttonhole loop in the end.

This method of working up can cause problems with a gaping waist but I wanted that ribbing look and it had to be large enough to fit over the thick sweater. I worked two rows of elastic thread through the inside of the “waist” to draw it in. you might be able to use a smaller hook and get a better fit here. Do what works for you.

jingo4.jpg

Sweater…

Row 1:With white (Ch 5) work sc ribbing (sc in Back Loops Only) over 4 stitches for 39 rows. Work a tight ch 5 (button loop)

Row 1: 2sc in one, sc in next along the edge of the neck ribbing. (I got 53 stitches)

Row 2: hdc in 8, (hdc, ch1, hdc ->V-st) in next, hdc in 8, V-st, hdc in 17, V-st, hdc in 8, V-st, hdc in 8. Secure white but DNBO

Row3: attach Coffee and work a row of sc and working SC V-st in V-st.. Secure.

Row 4: with white work around working hdc in sc and (regular) V-st in every V-st.

Divide for Front, backs and sleeves.

jingo2.jpg

Work a row of White separately in each back portion and the front portion. Work up to but not into the V-st.

Work a row of Coffee separately in each section.

Work one more row in White in each section separately

Work another row of white joining all sections in a continuous line leaving the sleeve openings.

Work one more stripe of coffee

Work 2 last rows with white. Break off and tidy ends.

Sleeves…

Work one row of white hdc around sleeve hole

Continue in stripe pattern until sleeves are right for your doll. I ended with a coffee row but if you can end with the white, you could work a FPdc ‘ribbing’.

jingo5.jpg

The Newsboy Cap…

Use a 6.5mm hook. I wanted this to be more drapey than the suit… don’t know why though..

Begin at centre..

Row 1: Ch 2, 7 hdc in 2nd ch from hook. (8 hdc)

Rows 2-7: Work a standard circle pattern for 7 rows maintaining the stripe pattern from the sweater. Remember to stagger your increases) (At this point you should be working … dc in 5, 2 dc in next.)

Row 8: Work dc in 5, dc decrease in next. (line up the decrease over the increases on the last row).

Row 9: (coffee) sc in 4, sc decrease in next.

Row 10: work 2 rows of dc evenly in white. Break off white.

Row 11: in coffee, sc evenly around DNBO.

Start brim…

Turn and work 9 FP sc across the sc from the previous row. Be sure your stitches point out from and not into the hat. Ch 1 and turn

Work hdc Decrease, sc in 5, hdc decrease over last two st. ch 1 turn

Sl st in 1st stitch, sc to end, sl st in last stitch.

Break off and tidy all ends.

The High Tops…

jingo6.jpg

With Brown begin sole…

Row 1: Ch 2, 7 hdc in 2nd chain from hook,

Row 2: Work 2 hdc in every hdc

Row 3: Work hdc in 1, 2 hdc in next.

Row 4: turn good side down and work FPsc into every stitch around sole.

Row 5: Work hdc evenly around and break off Brown.

Mark out 10 stitches from the front to work the toe and tongue in white.

Attach white into BACK Loop Only and work the 10 stitches in BLO.

Next row: work hdc decreases across row.

Next… sl st in 1st stitch, sc in next, 2 sc in next sc in next (4 sc)

Work two rows of hdc evenly

End with sc in 1, 2 sc in next twice, sc in next. Break off and tidy white ends.

For Lefties… make whatever adjustments you need for this to work…

With the toe of the shoe facing right, attach coffee yarn in the remaining Front Loop of the 9th of the 10 white stitches.

Work hdc around working the first 2 and the last two stitches in those Front Loops of the toe.

Next: work hdc around but work one decrease at the heel area.

Next: Work hdc in 1, hdc decrease in next, hdc to heel, work hdc increase over previous decrease, work to end and work hdc decrease, end with hdc in 1.

Next: Work hdc around but work 2 hdc increases in the heel area separated by 2 or three stitches. Break off and tidy all ends.

Use a suitable yarn to make “laces”. Tie and knot securely.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler – 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Fantastic. You are the QUEEN of Dolls Clothes!!!

This will be done for one of the nieces for Christmas - just got to remember which ones have boys or girl CPK's.

Thanks O so much

Dianne

Oh Darski where do you come up with the cutest ideas? Was surprised and pleased to see a "little boy" pattern. Hard to find good ones. Thank you for sharing Crfty

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived