What's the Worst Yarn you've ever used?

Phentex and fun fur. Can't stand either one of them.

Phentex! That was the name of the yarn I tossed. Oh, that stuff was a nightmare for me. Just didn't know what to do with it except pet it, lol. It was very soft.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Poppin Yarn that walmart used to sell! Oh that stuff was horrible on my hands! The worst acrylic I have ever used!

Right now, I'm knitting with RH chunky shetland, and I'm not enjoying it because it gets me all fuzzy. By the time I'm done knitting for awhile, I have to go change my shirt because it has shed all over me like a naughty dog. They should call it RH chunky shedland yarn. :) But the finished look is fab, so I don't hate it. I just can't knit on it when I'm planning on going anywhere, or I have to change clothes.

Hugs! Juli

Aunt Lydia's "Twinkles Crochet"! Chenille with a metallic thread! Snapped when I tried a magic circle, couldn't see my stitches, broke again when I tried to frog it. But it looked so pretty... and it *said* crochet right on it...:blush

Well everyone knows me Homespun issues so that is one yarn I don't care for, I had a hard time with it splitting. I also don't like the eye lash "Fun Fur" type of yarn. I like the actual Fun Fur but not the kind that looks like fake eyelashes.

I had the same issue with homespun. I made a huge blanket (it fit a queen size bed) out of it and it drove me crazy! I would have to pull out stitches all the time because of it!

• 11 months later...

right now I am using some redheart super saver that is really messed up! It gets fat and thin and fat and thin and down to one strand in some places. I have had to cut out some parts because I am afraid that it won't stay together. I wonder if anybody else has seen this? :eek

Where did you get it? It sounds worse than the mill ends I have gotten. I would call or email Red Heart and let them know the lot number etc.

right now I am using some redheart super saver that is really messed up! It gets fat and thin and fat and thin and down to one strand in some places. I have had to cut out some parts because I am afraid that it won't stay together. I wonder if anybody else has seen this? :eek

So far I haven't found any yarn that I really hate. I have had a bad experience with Red Heart Soft yarn that I bought on clearance at Big Lots. It was a lovely shade, RosePink. I made an afghan for my aunt from it. All of the skeins were full of knots. I had to keep cutting them out. The afghan did turn out pretty though.

I really hated that glow in the dark yarn. It was very hard to crochet with!! I also don't care for "Simply Soft" It splits too much, it's too bad though because I like the colors.

• 1 month later...
theres the rainbow bucle from joanns.. its SOO pretty, but I just cant do a thing with it.

I have 2 skeins of that stuff and I agree it is BEAUTIFUL but it's a pain in the butt.

Julee

theres the rainbow bucle from joanns.. its SOO pretty, but I just cant do a thing with it.

I agree, as well. I bought a skein of the blues for a Seraphina and was so stressed out just trying to crochet the first couple of rows that I had to put it away.

It does make beautiful Seraphinas, though.

I have to say I have never found any fun fur that was fun to crochet. Doesn't stop me from buying it, though. :think Just bought a couple of skeins at Big Lots yesterday, keep thinking I'll use it as trim on something.

And Lion Brand Suede is not fun to crochet with either. Wish I had realized that before I bought about 2 dozen skeins on Ebay. :hook

I've had this happen before all I did was take it back to the place I bought it (hobby lobby) showed them what was wrong and they exchanged it for another of the same... and they didn't make me bring back what I'd already crocheted w/... =0)

• 3 weeks later...

That Lion brand baby yarn in the 1 lb. size, Pound of Love. I did one baby afghan with it and NEVER again. :rolleyes That darn stuff split constantly and it pills. It was miserable to work with.

Archived