Filet Crochet

crochetfun

Question

11 answers to this question

Uh... I always crochet in the space. Granted, I only have one afghan almost under my belt... ;)

If I tried to crochet into the chain for that whole afghan, someone would be posting my obituary here... LOL!

I think it looks cleaner done in the space, anyway.

OMG :eek:angry:angry:angry no wonder i had so many freaking problems doing hubby's fillet eagle!! i was trying to crochet INTO the freaking chain!! so when i pick that back up it should be a BREEZE now....if i can just learn to read the lines backwards :lol

I've found that following filet charts are easier using a magnetic board and magnet strip that is available for cross stitch graphs. You can scoot it up or down with each line and keep your place.

yes, reading filet is a pain in the bootie

anxious to see your creation! hope you weren't too far into your project :(

oh this is one that I just cut and threw away when i figured out about 1/3 of the way into the project that my count was OFF OFF OFF OFF (when I got to the first "non symetrical" line) :blush But i did show him the chart and told him I'd try to work on it when I get a few more gifts out of the way :lol

I disagree with the other post, in filet, always into the stitch, no space unless indicated to do so, most are done with simple stitches, ch, dc, etc, so if you go in the space then the stitches will not line up. Do a simple test and see what I mean, just make a square or something and on a row, start making blocks and you will see what I mean. I have just finished 2 dollies with the family name crochet in them, (letters). Sure wish I knew how to post a pic and I could show off, but I just can't seem to be able to get it right. Let me know how it works for you.

Archived