Anyone tried the new Ergonomic Crochet Hook Set by Provocraft???

tiniree

Question

Today at Walmart I saw a new product from ProvoCraft, the Ergonomic Crochet Hook Set. This set comes with interchangable hook heads (and a knifty knitter tool end also) that screws into the handle. The set comes with two different handle types, depending on how you hold your hook.

My concern is that the "hook tips" would get loose over time if you were constantly changing out the sizes for various projects.

Has anyone tried this product??

Marie

15 answers to this question

Our Joanne's got them in so you can use a 40% coupon on them. HSN shopping also had them and here is a good closeup picture from their site.

http://crafts-sewing.hsn.com/crochet-handles-with-6-interchangeable-hooks-and-knifty-knitter-head_p-3572988_xp.aspx

I read the trigger grip handle was designed by Peggy Mineau, a needle crafter with Multiple Sclerosis. It also has a hook for the kniffty knitter loom. I don't have trouble with my hands so the regular aluminum hooks work fine for me. The thing I wouldn't like about the set is it appears to have those slanted tips like the susan bates hooks and I can't crochet with those as I snag the yarn so I have to use the boye hooks because the not so slanty tips work better for me.

I would like something like this handle but for the finer steel hooks but have not been able to find anything so maybe someone will finally invent it. Mary!

I just got a pair last week and I'm still on the fence about them. I don't have a problem with either handle, they both feel good in my hand, but the shaft on the needles are too short for me. I guess I like to slid my loops up the needle more then others, so it slows me down a bit. I'm sure it will just take some getting use to.

I thought even if I don't use them I would keep them in my car so that I had hooks with me whenever I needed them and for $10 dollars (I used Michaels 50% off :D ) they were worth keeping.

I've had my set for several months now and I really, really like it.

I use a "grab"-style grip, and the handle fits very comfortably with the curve toward the base of my thumb and my middle finger in front of the "pointed" part of the handle. My hand no longer gets cramped up.

I use mostly the F and G size hook although I've also used the H & J sizes.

I prefer this Susan Bates-type hook with the flat throat.

My first impression was it looked like cheapo plastic threads to screw on the hook but so far, so good, although I do wonder about the durability.

I'm hoping they will come out with sizes B thru E as amazingly (to myself) I've begun crocheting smaller projects with size 8 crochet thread so I would like the comfort of the handle even more with smaller sized hooks so my hand doesn't cramp up.

I think it's a personal choice. I bought a set for myself and one for my sister as a gift. Neither of us like them. Both of us haver arthritis in our hands and I thought these would be great. Guess it wasn't meant to be. I know a lot of people like them. To me, they were awkward and I had trouble changing out the hook. :-(

I've had this set for about a year and a half, and I really like the way it fits in my hand because I have carpal tunnel and the thickness of the handle really helps me. My problem now is that the hooks are getting loose. :( I don't think it's a defectiveness thing, I think that it's just like screws getting stripped around the house- you screw in and unscrew something so many times, it'll get like that. Although it is pretty irritating. :angry

I bought the set on clearance at Wal-mart about a year ago. I do not like them because the shaft is too short. This is not a defect of the hook, but it is not working with the way I crochet.

I have this set, and I LOVE them, and recommend them to everyone! Yes, I do have trouble every once in a while with the tips coming unscrewed, but not often enough to stop using them in my opinion. I have a lot of trouble using the "trigger" type handle, but the other one has kept my hand pain (arthritis and fibromyalgia) to a minimum! I think they are good, but can see other people's points of view as well, and wish that there could be a way to try them without having to spend the $20 to buy them. But, then again, if they are that bad for people I suppose they could be returned (in a timely fashion of course) to the store. Anyway, I give this product a thumbs up, and only wish I had it years ago!:hook

I debated getting these, but the hooks were too small, I like the N & P sizes. I made my own ergonomical handles - I also have carpal tunnel syndrome - on the flat of the handle. Works well.

I bought the set on clearance at Wal-mart about a year ago. I do not like them because the shaft is too short. This is not a defect of the hook, but it is not working with the way I crochet.

I bought these at Wal-mart as well a few years ago. I very rarely ever break them out. I don't have arthritis but the way I hold my hook hurts my finger after a few hours so I thought this would be a good solution. I agree that the shaft is too short. But everyone has their own preference. I keep these as a backup set.

Archived