joanieponytail

Yo-Yo Bag

I finished this this week. The colors in the picture are very close to real life. My daughter wants one for Christmas.

DSCN3655.jpg

Very pretty! Did you line it before adding the top border and handles or after? I love some of the colors you have in there. What a great way to use up your odds and ends. (I refuse to call them scrap... makes them sound worthless :lol)

I love the bright colors. It's very pretty and will catch a lot of eyes. I'm sure you'll get lots of comments on this bag when you use it.

That is such a cute bag and a great idea! Do you mind sharing the pattern you used? I would love to make a bag like that with all the yoyos I've accumulated so far...

The basic pattern for the yo-yo's and the joining method are from this site.

I modified the joining method slightly so that I could join the last yo-yo to the first in each band around. Then I did the border in her pattern along the top and bottom edge.

I made a single crochet rectangle along the bottom edge for the width of one long side and stopped when it was as long as the side of the bag. Attach the three sides to the rest of the bottom.

Next I did the handles. Just made them the width and length that worked for me. Then I lined it.

Awesome bag ~ such great colors.

Wow!!! I would love to make one for my stepmom for Christmas. If I have trouble, can I message you? LOL

Yes, Anna68, you can message me. I would be happy to help with any problem, if I can.

WOW! Your bag is excellent. I have been making yo-yos for a afghan but maybe I might try a bag now instead. Thanks for sharing your idea.

I love yo-yo's! What a creative idea...... another project for my list! Thanks for sharing, its beautiful!

That turned out great! I *just* tonight started making yoyos, and I am totally addicted already. :hook (Somebody stop me!) :lol Great idea for a yoyo project! Thanks for sharing it with us, your daughter should love it.

Tina

I absolutely love this purse. I think it would also be really neat to use this method to make some throw pillows... I might just do that!! :)

Well the stadium bag and then this.................LOL I want to do it all