Beware when Fulling/felting

Knittykim

:eek Perhaps someone mentioned this and I missed it BUT...

when you run the items through the washer, please put it in a sealed pillow case or zippered pillow cover. little pieces of wool will come off and clog up your machine drain system and cause a motor burn out if you do it enough. It's embarrasing when the service guy pulls a huge wad of bright pink and green "stuff" out of the pipe and looks at you for an explanation!!:(

when you run the items through the washer, please put it in a sealed pillow case or zippered pillow cover.

So sorry about your washer!!

When fulling, I actually stop my washer and pick out the fluffy pieces before I let it drain, which works, too. But then you have to monitor it which I know a lot of people don't like to do (or if you have to suddenly run off after a dog or a cat or a kid or an SO, sometimes you can't catch it before it drains), so the pillow cover works well!

I haven't done any fulling/felting yet... But, the washer in my rental house has a great feature-- it has a lint "trap" disc that sits on top of the agitator... I can always tell when the towels have been washed, because there's a gob of fuzzy caught in it. It's an older model, so I don't know when it was purchased by my landlord.

Archived