Afghans On Their Way

Guest SamplerLady

I read this thread a couple of days ago and visited the link for the Reservation. This is a very inspiring cause. I grew up in OKLA, but now call Texas my home (Big D)...my great great grandmother was fullblood Cherokee and my nephew is part Sac and Fox. In June we made the Iowa Tribe POw-wow in Perkins, OK. It was fantastic - a friend of mine is Cree and she danced the inter-tribal.

I signed up to help also. I saw your thread regarding the slippers. Do we send completed works to one centralized location or just send to the reservation via the address on the website? Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Guest SamplerLady

So glad you joined the group! Nice bunch of ladies there. On the front of the Yahoo Group webiste is an address for the Elders. If you make adult size slippers, that's where they can go. There are two addresses for baby sized, and then the address at The Billy Mills Center in care of Julie Garreau for kid sized stuff. Scarves, hats, mittens, lapghans, afghans are also needed. I usually have three "piles" of stuff, one for each age group, and when there is enough to fit in a box, I ship it off.

Thanks for joining and helping out! :))

Archived