Fanning Flowers (hat and bag)

brianna

WOWZA! Gorgeous! I really love doing Tunisian. Is this your own design? Is there a pattern available?

Joan

Yes, this is my own design, and currently the pattern is out with testers. I'll post again when it's available. :) Thanks so much for commenting!

I like this set! And the colors are so soft and subtle - like flowers after a Spring shower!

Thanks. I agree with you about the colors. It's one of the things I liked most about the yarn.

Very pretty - and feminine!

I didn't realize how much tunisian can look like knit. I really need to finish my ongoing projects and sit myself down to learn tunisian.

Congratulations on a beautiful set!

Not all tunisian mimics knitting. There are two stitches--the purl and knit--in tunisian that mimic the look, but there entirely different animals. Were you to have two swatches, one in stockinette (when the knitted fabric has the little v's) and one in tunisian knit, you would find the tunisian is thicker, more dense, and has no stretch. If you want a lighter or stretchier end result, then you definitely have to compensate by choosing a yarn or hook size to attain the desired effect.

I love tunisian. A lot. That might me obvious.

Thanks to the both of you. As soon as the testers get back to me, I'll release the bag. After that I'll release the hat (I'm still writing the pattern up, or will be after I find all of my notes). They'll be for sale, individually, and then at a reduced cost for the combo.

Archived