I bow down to you........

Auntcut

I hope you get the hang of it. A few of my very first projects were in yarn, but I switched over almost immediately. Now, everything I make (and that is a wide variety) is in thread, and working with yarn is...well...weird. ;)

One day I will have the patience to work with thread. My aunts in Mexico are so great with it. I should take some lessons from them. Good luck with your project.

Bec

oh my goodness....I started my first thread project last night....have to tear it all out today because it twisted on me......you ladies have much more patience that I. Gonna try one more time. :eek

You can do it! :cheer

I really love working with thread these days, but at first it was incredibly frustrating.

[when you say it twisted on you -- did the piece twist and you ended up putting the stitches in the wrong place or something? Or was it just bunching and twisting while you worked on it? That can be normal for some projects, and blocking helps it lie flat later.]

You really can do it, I look forward to seeing your first thread FO!

Hang in there, working with thread is just getting use to smaller material.:think

I learned on thread and it took a while to get use to it. Now, when I work with yarn, it seems so big and bulky.:knit

As for frogging, hey we all do it. Now is the twisting happening when you join in first chain? This happens to everyone with thread. Xantha is right, blocking usually helps with this.

Can't wait too see your project.:yay

It takes a bit of practice to get the hang of tension with thread. My first doily looks OK but you can tell my tension was too loose. I love working with thread, though.

Archived