Modtastic Retrofabulous Entrelac Tote

simonssez

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Entrelac?? I have never seen it until now and I love it! These colors are so me that I'm going to have to give it a try! You did such a great job on it that I couldn't see giving it away! I'd go through my other purses and toss one of those. :lol;) J.K. It is beautiful!

Thanks again!

There really isn't a pattern. I tried to respond the other day but it never posted. Here is a link to the blog where the entrelac tutorial I used is...

http://www.hookyarnandneedles.com/Techniques/

Just search for "entrelac". There's 4 or 5 pages that show you how to do the beginning, middle rows w/ different colors, and end but I don't think they link to each other. So searching is best. The instructions and photos are very clear and helpful IMO!

I just made a large rectangle in entrelac with the first row going until it was about the width I'd like. Then I continued with the rows until the length was long enough to fold in half to make both the sides, and put a piece of plastic canvas down in the center to shape a base. For the sides, I just did strips of varying numbers in the colors that was the width of the canvas base, and the height of the bag and stitched on. For the lining I just went with the pockets I thought would work well in there. Everything was sort of an "I'll wing it as I go" sort of thing.

I'm not very good at writing, or even following patterns! LOL I am toying with making another for a gift but I have a few biggie projects to finish first. If I do I'll make note to myself to write all the steps down and take photos along the way.

I made a sampler last year from instructions on the web - can't remember where. I crocheted round the edges and now it's a doll blanket for my granddaughter. It would be a great stash buster and you don't even need an afghan hook, any crochet hook works for a few stitches, though one without a shank (flat piece) would be best. Zaraliz

• 1 month later...

Did you crochet this? I've made several things by knitting entrelac, but the stitches on this look different. I've never tried to crochet entrelac. It is absolutely my favorite knitting pattern. A friend made a felted purse with it and it is fabulous.

Did you crochet this? I've made several things by knitting entrelac, but the stitches on this look different. I've never tried to crochet entrelac. It is absolutely my favorite knitting pattern. A friend made a felted purse with it and it is fabulous.

*nod* I did. Entrelac in crochet is one of my fave stitches. I would love to learn it in knit too but seem to be having trouble even picking up the basics of knitting. Someone here mentioned how ugly entrelac in crochet is compared to knitting but I personally really like it!

Archived