Modtastic Retrofabulous Entrelac Tote

simonssez

I've been working on this for months but kept putting it down to work on other things. I finally JUST finished it a little while ago. I found the lining fabric first and knew I had to make something to go with it. The lining has a large zippered pocket on one of the long sides and a full panel pocket on the other long side w/ a smaller pocket on the front of it, and elastic pocket on one skinny end for glasses, cell phone, etc. and then two skinny pockets on the other skinny end for pens, etc.

http://www.simonssez.com/musings/?page_id=503

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is so cool!!! I've GOT to give Entrelac a try. Did you use a pattern?

Once you get the hang of it, it's sooo easy.

Actually, I didn't. LOL And I just noticed I neglected to take photos of the sides/gussets which are NOT entrelac, but just stripes of the same yarn. I just worked a starting row that was as long as I thought I might want it to be widthwise, then just kept working rows until it was long enough to fold in half, stick some plastic canvas in the middle for a bottom, and still be a decent height. I finished off either end (that is not the top) with a few rows of sc and then made the sides/gussets the same width as my canvas base and the height of the bag and attached.

It was really easy, just time consuming b/c I think I have about 5 WIP's right now and the entrelac takes awhile since it's so dense. Now I just have to decide what to do with it! :)

I really love it! The colors are gorgeous together! Are you going to make the pattern available? I've never tried entrelac, but for this, I'd make it a point to learn! I have a pair of leather handles (off a Louis Vuitton bag that took a nose dive earlier this summer) and I'm dying to use them on something special, and this fits that bill very nicely! I would definitely purchase the pattern from you if you make it available!

Elle

I'll see about putting a pattern together. Although explaining the entrelac would be tough for me! LOL Although there are some members here who have written very easy to follow with photo entrelac tutorials. Oh and the yarn is red heart soft in : grape, paprika, guacamole, tangerine, and honey.

Thanks for the great comments! It's a fun piece and if I didn't have 500 bags already I might would keep it! I'd love to give it as a xmas gift but i'm not sure who to. I did Celeste's bobbling along aran tote for a few people last year, and my husband's family didn't give such a great response to the crocheted gifts last year. So who knows?! ha ha!

OMG!!! That bag is amazing & beautiful! I too, will buy your pattern. Don't know what Entrelac is or what it means, but I wanna do me some.:lol

BTW...your blog is really cute and welcoming.

Archived