Heartfelt Doily My latest creation

Katchkan

While I was making the Morning Sun Doily I could see where I could easily turn this idea into a heart shape. So when I finished that one, I started this one. Not my usual type of doily but I really enjoyed making it. It was one of my easiest designs as I knew what I was going to do before I ever picked up my hook. Minimunal frogging on this one.

It is done in size 10 in White and Burgundy. I used my size 7/1.65mm hook to create it. I added the dagger beads as an accent. The rose is sewn on at the end. It measures 13 and 1/2 inches tall but 12 inches wide. Eventually it will go to my granddaughter. She loves frilly things like her Nana. I am calling this one Heartfelt. Hope you enjoy it.

th_HeartfeltA.jpgth_Heartfelt.jpg

Now I am off to start a bedspread, so don't expect to many doilies here for a while. Just had to do this design though while I was feeling inspired.

Oh yeah the bedspread will be done in thread. 2 strands held together, but thread my favorite......

Beautiful:heart . I love the Heart :heart Doily , love the colors you crocheted:hook with and love the whole design of the heart as well:yes .

As for the bedspread any hints on what style -- colors:yarn , or you using a pattern or designing your own???

Thank you everyone, :hug As usual you are all more than kind with your remarks. You make me blush........:blush

Beautiful:heart . I love the Heart :heart Doily , love the colors you crocheted:hook with and love the whole design of the heart as well:yes .

As for the bedspread any hints on what style -- colors:yarn , or you using a pattern or designing your own???

As for the bedspread. I will post a wip post when I have something to show. It's of course my own design. It is a filet pattern I have been working on for a while. It is going to done in 2 strands of size 10 thread which equals a size 3, ( couldnt find a good source of affordable size three thread. I didn't want a bjillion ends working with the 150 yard balls. ) I am using one strand white and one strand ecru. Comes out sort of an oatmeal color. I like it so far.

Well I am drooling, can't wait to see the pattern and also, the two colors together, sounds really nice....can you tell me the brand of thread?? I am making the Snowfield with DMC Cebelia, size 10.....kind of spendy but I know that project will take awhile and I wanted it really special so splurged for the more expensive thread.....my first of size 10 in the DMC Cebelia, always used size 20 or 30 but wanted this one bigger and yours looked so PERFECT, I want mine to look that good... Thanks you are GREAT!!!

Archived