comfortghan needed for a friend

goofy

Hey everyone, I was wondering if any of you would want to help me make an afghan for a friend of mine who is away from home on her own for the first time. She is out in DC working as an intern (she is from IA). There were some mix ups with paper work and she is currently sitting out there waiting to start working and getting very homesick. I was thinking of making 12 inch squares with bright colors and black. Anyone who would like to help please pm me for my address. It may be monday before I get back to anyone as we are in the middle of moving. Thank you!

edited 10/23/07: I am still looking for more squares. I need atleast nine more to make a lapghan. Any and all squares would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

sure i would be glad to help....where is she interning in DC....my daughter is on the hill and my hubby is at justice...and daughterinlaw is at VOA. send me your addy and i could probably send it out tomorrow......

I'd like to help, but I'm not sure how many squares I can contribute. Do you know when you'd like to have it finished by? Also, did you want the squares to contain both bright colors and black, or would you like some to be bright and some to be black? I have a bunch of extra bright blue, and some black, that I am not using. Both are acrylic.

If I know when you need them by, I can see how long it takes me to make one, and then let you know what I have time for. :D

pandy....I was thinking of the squares being edged in black but any would do. How many do I need? Not really sure...would four squares by four squares be a lapghan? A full afghan would be nice but not neccessary. I would like to finish it in the next couple of weeks if possible.

Sherri..sorry I haven't checked that yet, By husband usually emails her family and reads her personal blog. will check with him and let you know tomarrow.

Sounds good Pandy! My husband emailed this friends mom to let her know what we were doing and she was so excitied. She wanted to know if she could add a square. She also said that she knew that her daughter would like it....that she likes all those sentimental things. Makes me glad that I decided to do it. I'm going to ask her mom if there is anyone else that she knows that would want to add a square.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived