Another newbie: Laura from CT

LauraAnn

Hello,

I came here looking for advice on Hello Kitty patterns, and I got the information I needed. :-) This looks like an interesting board, so I think I'll stick around for a bit.

I'm 30 years old, and I work part-time in Hartford, CT as a paralegal. I have two children, Joshua 3, and Katherine (Katie), 2. My husband is Ryan, and we'll be married five years next Friday. I live in Manchester, CT.

Hello to you all! I took a small break from crocheting when my kids were infants (they are only 13 months apart), but now that they are older, I think I'm ready to start again. I'm mostly an afghan girl, but I've made a couple sweaters, scarves, hats and a vest. I'm not that fantastic at keep the gauge accurate, so I suppose that's why I do afghans, because it doesn't matter as much.

I worked full time and went to college at night, where (some) of the teachers would let me crochet squares in class... :blush It'd help me concentrate. Thank goodness I was a commuter student, so I wouldn't have to hear about it in my dorm... ;) I can't imagine what everyone else thought. lol

Anyway, that's me. I tend to do more projects when the weather turns cold, and I look forward to seeing what others are working on and getting to know some fellow crocheters.

Take care.

I live in the campus dorms and most of the people I talk to wish that they could crochet. I agree about the crocheting in class. I have a friend who really needs it to stay awake and I said that if she can crochet during this class we have together, so can I.

Archived