sushi scarf

kiwikitti

I saw this and thought that my friend just had to make it. I saw the pictures of it on Craftster and loved it. So I took their idea and made it mine. I think it's a bit too wide but apparently, thankfully! she loves really wide scarfs. Also, she lives in northern canada so it can get cold there!

1409565700_c4740c3aaa_o.jpg

1409565640_91032480e0_o.jpg

Looks really cool. Question: did you roll it from the middle or from one of the ends? How in the world did you figure out where to do the color changes. I guess you probaby rolled it up to see where you were... at least that'd be my approach when designing something like this :P

I roll it up from the pink end. It's done in double crochet so I just kind of used that to how big the roll should start and then basically kept rolling it up till I decided I wanted to start the green, made a couple of rows, started on the pink, rolled it up again and counted how many more rows of pink (or white later) till the green, crocheted some more and rolled it up again... It's really easy to make. The most complicated part is the color change basically. I just kept crocheting and rolling and crocheting!

Oh, how clever of you! Thanks for sharing the idea! My son loves sushi. I can see him laugh and smile at it come Christmas time when he opens his present. He stands 6 feet 8, so can handle a long scarf. I can see him curl it up on his desk at work and wait to see if anyone else notices what it resembles. That would be his sense of humor. Such fun! Thanks for sharing!

Oh, how clever of you! Thanks for sharing the idea! My son loves sushi. I can see him laugh and smile at it come Christmas time when he opens his present. He stands 6 feet 8, so can handle a long scarf. I can see him curl it up on his desk at work and wait to see if anyone else notices what it resembles. That would be his sense of humor. Such fun! Thanks for sharing!

That is part of the fun of it! My friend had it rolled up in the corner and during the night some of the guys there kept staring at it before they mentioned it look like sushi and were slightly confused. It was kind of funny really. :)

Archived