Flower Ring/yarn guide

meowy

ringonhand.jpg

Ugh, my hand does not look like it's covered in a zillion teeny bruises. I have no idea what the deal is with that. :think I just noticed that while I hit preview haha

The leaves and flower are crochet, but the ring part around the finger is knitted. Then I felted the whole thing :)

Made it so that I can use it as a yarn guide, to keep from having to constantly reposition the yarn every few stitches as it slides out of my hand while I knit or crochet. I'll have to cut the yarn on the current project (a knitted, plaid bag) to get it on there, but that's okay. It'll be worth the hassle of having to weave in a couple more ends hehe.

Now to go make a few more to use on other projects! I think this will make knitting socks a lot easier for me. It's hard to hold the yarn when it's so thin.

This is so pretty. I don't understand the concept of a yarn guide though. Do you wear this ring and the yarn that you are working with rubs against it instead of your finger?:think Very creative!

Thanks everyone! :)

I put the yarn through the center of the ring, then put it on my finger. That way the yarn doesn't slide down my fingers and force me to stop and reposition the yarn every few stitches. I have trouble keeping grip on the yarn, especially with anything thinner than worsted haha. It just feeds through the ring, and since it's loose enough it doesn' tmess with my tension.

Archived