I crocheted my first sock!

Starr

I just finished my very first crocheted sock and I love it!!! :cheer

I used this Cabled sock pattern using Lang Yarns Jawoll superwash sock yarn 75% wool/18% nylon/7% acrylic.

This is a really comfortable sock and it does fit into my shoes :D

I think that this is going to be my favorite pair and I can see myself making others in different colours :hook

I mis-calculated on the yardage because the pattern calls for approx 400 yards and this yarn only marks the label in meters, so I am waiting for my LSYS to order another skien so I can finish the 2nd sock.

I was so excited with the way this turned out that I couldn't wait to finish the other to share! :blush

crochetedsock.jpg

Sorry for the bad scan, my cat ate through my camera's USB cable and I haven't gotten the replacement in yet.

Love it! Was it hard working the cables?

Thanks! :D

The cables were quite simple, the body of the sock was worked all in front and back post double crochet with the cable twist being worked in crossed front post treble crochet.

Thanks everyone!!! :D

A really nice job on your sock. Thanks for sharing the pattern link. I have never made socks before, was it hard to make?

Not very hard at all if your familiar with around the post stitches.

Make sure that you do a gauge swatch for both the sc and cables.

I needed a 3.25mm hook for the toe and heel (the sc parts), but the 2.50mm hook for the foot and the ankle (everything with the cable and post stitches)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived