Dollar Store Plastic Twine Tote

Elkoo

Was roaming the Dollar store and saw these packages of plastic twine

twineforplasticropetote.jpg[/img]

They are small and so very colorful. Kept going back and looking at them. I wanted it but didnt know what I would use them for. ???

Then I got a brilliant idea, crochet with it!!!

This started out as a circle about 12-14" across. Then I started on the sides. Everything was going smoothly till we had the power blackout. I, of course, couldnt sit in the dark and do nothing, so I continued crocheting by candle light. Not a smart thing to do. Especially when the two shades of green and the blue look alike in candle light. So I have a mistake in one of them where I did it in the wrong color. But hey, the Amish usually put a mistake on purpose into their work, "Only God can be Perfect".

Another night I left my work on my corner of the sofa came down the following morning and Mr Kitty had chewed on my "yarn" and cut ea strand. I could have killed him, told him he was going to be sold to the Chinese restaurant. He promptly went to hide. Anywhooo this is my project in progress

plasticropetote.jpg[/img]

I love the colors and its coming out so nice I cant believe it. So far I havent even used up one pkg of the twine. ;D

In case the pics dont show, they are also here

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=7053263&uid=3433491

Marina

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha!! That's funny, I was just in my local dollar store yesterday and saw the twine. I instantly thought about crocheting with it, butI couldn't think of anything so I didn't get it. Great job with your tote bag. I clicked on the phototrail link and got a peek at your other projects. Just wanted to say that you do gorgeous work I really liked it all. The woven things really peeked my interest...how do you do that? :yay:hook

That is so cool! Is it hard on your hands/wrists to work with, though? (I'm crocheting a bag out of recycled plastic bags, and it is hard to work with...) Can't wait to see it finished!:)

Tina

timelesscreations.blogspot.com

That is so cool looking. I will have to check my dollar store to see if they have any..

Looked at your other photos too.. Your daughter looks so cute in the poncho sweater.. What a doll she is..

Your work is all nice by the way..

Which Dollar store do you shop at? We have several here. I LOVE your creativity. We see the world a whole different way than other people, don't we?:wink

I think everything you have made is beautiful! I really love that pineapple pillowghan in pink and white. I am also interested in your weaving projects. Girl, you are talented! Do share!

Amy

There's a Dollar Tree down the block. I'll have to check and see if they have anything like that. Great idea. Let us see the finished bag.

WOW! What a great idea. And the colors are fabulous! That twine in those colors would make a great beach bag! :hook

Archived