Comfortghan for Lindsay--Enough Squares, thanks ladies!! Keep checking for updates...

vcufashion419

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am pretty sure you should have a few from me by now. ............. Crews in KY. I mailed several packages last week with squares and like I said prety sure yours were in the bunch. :blush

Quick update everyone!!

I received the squares a few days ago but have been swamped with midterms and stuff...also having car trouble and my roommate has a horrible staph infection....

Things are finally settling down for a few days though and I'll be home with the roomie tonight following a minor surgery she is having this afternoon to cut away some of the infection, and this weekend is fall break!! So I'm hoping to have the ghan completed by Sunday.

Also, Ankey, I received your square, thanks a ton!!!!! :)

Any more squares out there before I start on this thing?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm unexpectedly off work tonight---which sucks because I need the money but good because it's like a monsoon in richmond and who wants to work when it's raining? So I get to curl up with my crochet hook, my pjs and my like 10 hours of tv shows on my DVR tonight!!! I'm laying out the ghan and going to hopefully get most of it done. I have until 3 AM when the boyfriend gets off work (we work in a bar late night). I will be posting progress tonight, you guys have to give me cheers cuz I hate joining squares!!!

Also, I am trying to arrange to hand deliver this to her. Some sent messages with the squares, but if anyone else would like to give a message to Lindsay you can PM it to me and I will print them all and put them in a card to give her. I know she can use some words of encouragement right now.

OH, and good news I just found out.....her boyfriend proposed to her last week!!!! How amazing is it that her boyfriend not only stuck around, but made that commitment to her??? It would have been so easy, and I'm sure a lot of people would have understood, for him to walk away. It really filled my heart with happiness when I heard that. :manyheart

OK...off to make some hot apple cider and get started!! :hook

I hope she's out of the hospital soon and can start planning her wedding! I know it's not what she planned for herself, but how wonderful to look forward to a loving future! :)

Good luck with the joining!

• 3 weeks later...

Ladies--

I swear I haven't forgotten about this!!! I am taking it with me to my family's house this weekend for the holidays and I am going to enlist the help of my sissy-poo :) My goal is to have it done this weekend, because I want to take it to her on Thanksgiving (or maybe the day before, depending on if her family wants visitors on that day or not) :manyheart Check back for an update Sunday evening!!!

She is still in ICU, haven't heard anything recently but I guess no news is good news?? I'm hoping to take this to her on Thanksgiving :manyheart

That's always been my motto...and I'm also a firm believer in that, when making a comfortghan, any apparent delays in giving it to the recipient are not "delays" because it will arrive when it's most needed....

You're an angel for thinking of someone else at such a busy time in your own life:hug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived