Comfortghan for Lindsay--Enough Squares, thanks ladies!! Keep checking for updates...

vcufashion419

Hello everyone,

I'm sure you've seen my post about my friend Lindsay who recently lost her limbs due to complications after surgery. Jessica (stargazinggirly) has volunteered to help me put together a comfortghan for her. :manyheart

Here is what I would like: 8" squares, in cool colors (blues, greens, purples). If possible, I don't want really super bright or light colors, but medium and dark shades. Also Black or grey would be fine, since we will be edging the squares in black. Please make sure you tag your squares with your name, and if you'd like, your location and a message so she can see how many different people are thinking of her!

If anyone feels up to it, I like this square with the angel, I think it would be very appropriate. Of course, any square will be fine :)

http://www.heartmadeblessings.org/patterns/guardianangel1.asp (just have to stop it when it is 8")

Jessica (Stargazinggirly) will be edging all the squares for me and I will put them together and give the blanket to Lindsay.

PM me and I will give you her address, and I have to give a big shout out and THANK YOU to her ( a good friend! ) for helping me. You are such a sweet heart. :hug

Thanks in advance ladies!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i will make some too, i might even have some done already since i had started a ghan of 8 in squares for my sis but changed my mind, it's wonderful that you both are doing this for her, she is such a brave girl to have gone thru so very much, is a darn shame this happened to her, i know it will be hard but with a friend like you sweetie i know she will make it thru, she will have times she hates everyone i am sure, but in the end she will grow strong. i have added her to the prayer list at church if thats alright? i feel many prayers help make things better and we are all praying she is able to accept what happened and make a life for herself. pm me hon with her addy please and i will send this blanket to her, its fairly good size so she can cover herself up with it and be surrounded in the warmth of love and friendship, if you don;t think she will mind that is as she don' know me or anything. sending :hug :hug :hug for both of you, i imagine its been really hard for you to see her go thru this, my mil lost her leg a couple years before she died and she was totally dependable on my fil for everything but she ewas a lot older than your friend, but it was very hard to see her suffer like she did with it, she had alot of phantom pain which i am your friend will also suffer from,( pain in the area where she lost her limbs)is very common i am told sending lots of hugs and love too for yiour brave and wonderful frisnd

dir

I would like to do a few squares for your friend

I met a young man a few years back,a cousin of my son in law.

he was in an accident,his spleen had to be removed,years later he developed a staph infection that led to an amputation similiar on all limbs

he uses the leg prostethes but not the hand ones,he drives has a thriving business and a family,just a beautiful person.

Archived