Check Every Dollar Store For Yarn

Real Deal

In the meantime, they did have something new in. Threads. 2 of them were double strands of #10 thread wound together, which it said = #3 thread. This was in oranges and in greens. Both were very bright.

If you're talking about J&P Coats Gemini thread, it's really nice to work with and looks so pretty!! :) Ok well I guess it'd depend on the color combo, but the couple I've gotten looked really sharp! :)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

There are two Dollar Trees in my area and I've been lucky to find yarn at both. In September, at the one where it's rarest to find yarn, one day I was pleasantly surprised by several bins of mostly Patons yarns. I bought several skeins each of Silverlash and Lacette in light blue, also some LBTrellis (which combined with a black thread will make a great clutch for one of my nieces). Then a couple of weeks ago I found at the other one Bernat Haven in 2 colors (bought 7 of "Shamrock" to make a shawl with) and a Phentex yarn identical to the Patons Brilliant I'd coveted for months and in the very same pretty Lilac color I wanted so I couldn't have been more thrilled. They also had Phentex ww cotton in ecru and a Christmas variegated of which I bought two, and several variegated Fun Fur, Bernat Matrix and other odds and ends. I made the mistake of buying the one solitary skein of Bernat Black Lites "Cowboy" thinking it would be enough to make a hat but ran out when I was 3/4 done, now I'll have to figure out a design where I can use 2 strands together of another yarn so this won't go to waste...

• 1 month later...

Well ladies those of you with Real Deals dollar stores in your areas go check them out..

I was there yesterday and they had vertually no yarns.

Yet i went again today to pick up a few things and they had just finished putting out some Red heart super savers one color only Plum so i grabbed 2, then they had lots of that macaroon yarn in all kinds of colros so I grabbed 2 of each color and also they had a beautiful blue chenille yarn from lion brand and i grabbed 2 of them.

And a few of other kinds for making scarves for next x-mas. So all in all 16 skeins...

hugs

Lillibet

• 2 months later...

:)Dear ladies I am the new manager at real deals and yes we get all kinds of yarn.I have been with the company for some time now,and the yarn is the most asked about. From Red Heart to Modea.contact the real deals in auburn. we usually get the most quantity. How about our huge selection of scrapbooking everyone who is interested should check us out. And ladies dont forget to tell the husband about our tool,fishing,paint aisle.

Thank you Sal. Our Real Deals is quite consistent with good yarn, but then we have lulls for a few months sometimes like we've had lately.

Ours has had different colors of the Macaroon the last 2 to 3 months, but not much else new. They recently had the ww yellow with the greenish tinge again. It just doesn't appeal to me. I like clearer yellows.

Since I do have a huge stash and it has been a terribly cold winter here, I really haven't had to go out yarn shopping on purpose. I just get into my stash, and I haven't made a very big dent in it yet. I must admit it is fun, and I can thank Real Deals for being able to have a stash.

You are so right! When you can find it you can get some amazing deals at the Dollar Tree! I bought Trellis yarn that I needed for a throw there - at Michael's it was on clearance for $4.99! I've found some wonderful deals at Big Lots and Ocean State Job Lots as well.

I also got some Pooch at the Dollar Tree. I also have no idea what to do with it except scarfs. In the past I have gotten some nice novelty yarns at the Dollar Tree but is how you hit it. They dont always have yarn.

Dollar stores.. i guess the are the same as our pound stores, and yeah i find yarn in there alll the time! usually 50g balls, but the big aran 400g balls, i got three for £4!! i was amazed!

• 1 month later...

I been back to my favorite dollar store a couple more times in the last 2 weeks, but not a thing has appealed to me.

Not much new has come in, but some more Macaroon. I don't really want any of them.

Now that I think of it, some brilliant orange worsted weight was new. I mean it was neon orange. Not for me.

• 2 weeks later...

the yarn i got to crochet my bathing suit is from the dollar tree! i got four rolls at a dollar each!! its the ribbon yarn form lion braid. i have to have it finished by memorial day weekend for a river trip that we are taking for my little sisters 18th birthday/graduation party. hopefully i'll get some pics up! :) keep going and rocking those dollar stores ladies!

I just went back to Real Deals and they had something new in that I love ~ chenille! It's the Thick & Quick, so I picked up 10 skeins in Periwinkle and also in wine. They are both very pretty.

Mine haven't had anything in the last several weeks, though one just got back the ribbon yarn (which I already had) in the same colors as before. So nothing new yet.

LI Roe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE to below -

I DID get to two other Dollar Trees today and I intend tomorrow to get a pic of my STASH! - The "yarn haul" was bountiful!!!! Amazing!!!!

I found loads more Moda Dea washable wool in the rust and red and then some in maize - so my sights are set on making an afghan in the fall with "harvest colors"!

I also found some TLC for my dd who is taking up crochet again and working on a granny square afghan in blues and it is in TLC yarn.

It was a great day for discounted yarn!!!! YaY~

I was shocked today! I found 10 skeins of Moda Dea Washable Wool! 9 in a rust brown and 1 in red.

I think they will be great for a fall project - only a dollar a piece - if they had more I woulda bought it!

Dollar Tree by us usually only has fun fur stuff - nothing good!

I am checking a second DT tomorrow!

Archived