help translating a spanish pattern!!

woolandflax

Question

15 answers to this question

I found a pattern I want to make really badly but can't read spanish!! It's a pretty lacy hat found here. if anyone could help me with this, i'd really appreciate it!!!:hook

I posted a spanish site w. pretty stitches a couple of days ago ,(sorry, don't remember which thread) that one gives you both the charts and the verbal explanation, you may find it helpful.

Well i ran it through the babel fish thingy but there is still some stuff on there I don't understand. If Tiggzie or Rebecca wouldn't mind translating it I would be so excited!!!! :yay

here you go, I hope this helps! The instructions aren't terribly clear...

100 grams cotton thread, steel hook size number 000

Stitches:

Starting stitch, ss, hdc, dc, fantasy stitch (see ill.), end stitch (see ill.)

Instructions:

Ch 5, join with a ss to form a round. Dc 12 in the ring formed. Continue rounds in dc, but with even increases to form a flat surface. At 13 cm diameter begin to use fantasy stitch, without increases. After 11 cm of fantasy stitch, switch to hdc for 2 rounds, using increases to form the brim of the hat. To end do 5 cm in end stitch and finish with one round in hdc using pink.

Finishing:

Using pink thread, make a band of 3 dc that will go around the hat. Add to the hat as shown in the photo. Decorate with artificial flowers.

Sure!! I've really been wanting a lacy widebrimmed hat that didn't look like it belonged on a grandma.(no offense to all the grandmas' here!!) I just want something feminine and maybe a bit vintagey to keep the sun off my face.

Archived