For our troops!

Ambersafghans

Hilary,

here is that link we talked about.

http://www.supportoursoldiers.co.uk/calendar.html

This is not really crochet related, but it's a great charity!

There is another charity that you can crochet for. But I can't find the link. If anyone wants to make afghans for our wounded soldiers, LET ME KNOW! I actually don't know if there is a link for that one. I heard about it through an inquiry email about sand scarves for soldiers. I'm really excited about being able to do something for our troops, and I'd love it if you'd join!

God Bless!

Amber

Thanks, Amber. Here's a link to another charity to support our troops: http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html

It only accepts blankets or blanket squares under certain conditions, but they are asking for hats, slippers/socks, and for those who sew, cool-ties for the troops. So far we've made over 90,000 items for our men and women overseas. The site is definetly worth checking out, it has photos and thank you notes and everything.

• 1 month later...

HI! I'm just recovering from oral surgery, so I'm not totally caught up here yet. But Yes! I was thinking of that as well!:bounce :b ounce I think that would be really neat. I tried setting something up at home here with my siblings, but we haven't been able to do one charity a month, mainly because we are working on afghans. Anyone else interested in this? This is one I will try to find time for. Thanks for asking about it Rebecca!

Amber

Hi all, I am interested in learning about crocheting hats for the troops. I am now working on hats for preemie babies and Cancer patients.

I don't have any patterns for men except maybe the skull hat. Any ideas for a "man" hat pattern?

I am going to start on afghans too. Not sure who I will donate them to but will have them when I decide...probably afghans for Afghans.

Hey I'll try to look around about the hats. I think that is actually what started www.anysoldier.com A woman had send a hand made (I think it was knit) hat addressed to any soldier because she wanted to do something.

We are currently working on some lap afghans (see my web page www.yourcrafts.com/Ambersafghans.htm) for wounded soldiers. I could get you an email address (I have it somewhere) If that interests you.

Amber

• 2 weeks later...

Amber, do you still have the address for information on crocheting lapghans for soldiers? I looked on your webpage, but couldn't find anything.

I"m sorry, I don't have any links on my web site.

I would have to email the gal, as I heard about it through another inquery, and I don't know if I have the web site, if they have one. But the blankets I was refering to are the lap afghans. They are about the right size. Let me know if you need anything else!

Amber

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got an email from one of the other communities about making things for the children over there. This would aid in community relations because the kids don't have much of anything over there and the troops would love to be able to give something. I'm sure we could find an address for a command to send these to, or maybe one of the other addresses. It's just an idea in case people don't want to make lap ghans or hats or whatever.

Tricia:)h

Archived