A few of my Filet Designs!!!!!! pics removed

RoseRed

Question

I wanted to share with you guys some of the things I've been working on lately. Thanx to Katchkan I have fallen completely in love with filet!

The pics are from the software designing program that my wonderful hubby bought for me!

I really hope you guys like them!

16x14 Framed Hummingbird

16x14 Framed Dragonfly

7x9 Brilliant Cross

7x9BrilliantCrossC.jpg

I'm finally going to get my blog up and going. Cross your fingers and say a prayer for me that I'll be successful in starting my own pattern design and custom work endeavor. I'll be opening my Etsy store as soon as I have some tested patterns to put on it.

I would really love to get into Custom Ordered Pattern Designs. Everyone here is so talented that there's no need for me to have to crochet items for them. Sometimes it's very difficult to find a pattern or a name. I truly enjoy creating patterns so if anyone is interested in a Custom Ordered Pattern - let me know!

9 answers to this question

Oh, I love them!! :manyheart I know already that I'm going to make the cross one for my husband's grandmother and have it framed for her. They're absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing your charts with us!! :yes

Filet being what it is, the pictures as you've posted them here are enough for anyone with filet experience to crochet your patterns--even in the tiny format. I would put a copyright notice up there with them, and since posts stay here forever, even consider taking them away in a couple of weeks (after you've shown them off to everyone here for a bit) if you are planning to sell the patterns elsewhere.

They are lovely designs. I like them all. Filet is especially suited for making nice framed wall art.

Those look pretty nice. I especially like the cross.

I'm still learning how to crochet. I just bought some steel hooks and thread for the first time so I can try a hacky sack. I've read a little about filet crochet but I still can't quite figure it out. Do you have a brief definition of what filet crochet is and how it differs from "regular" crochet?

thanks

John S

Krakovianka, thanx for advice - I took it.

John - filet is dc or edc and ch's put together to create a picture or a pattern. It is worked in blocks. you can find some beginning TUTs at Smart Crochet, Haas Design and about.com.

Archived