Sign in to follow this  
natalie058

Tips on keeping your wish list up-to-date

Maybe it's just me - but i'm having a really hard time trying to keep track of all the changes to the wish lists! One day something is there and the next it's not, it's hard to figure out who changed what - Am I just whining to much?

Yeah Nat, you are whining too much (LOL), but you are right. I am probably the biggest offender. I took some off as I received items and even purchased one thing on my list myself.

I wondered how this would work out as an ongoing list. It's not going to get smaller, that's for sure.

Any solutions??? Anyone????

maybe if there are changes to be made then have them made by a certain time of day or since we are in different time zones by a certain day of the week?? It wouldn't be perfect but it might help a little.

~Rebecca

Whenever someone updates their list for items received or changes or whatever, have them change the subject line for their post to include "updated 1/23/05" or whatever the date is. That way you can at least find them easier than checking the edited dates.

Very good idea Julie... because that's what I've been doing, having to scroll through every post looking to see what's updated. Thanks for thinking of that =)

i'd like to comment on this:

i think if when things are raok'ed, it would be great if it were listed. like this (instead of being deleted from their list)

1. yarn

2. red thread - GRANTED

3. wool yarn

my reasoning: i'd like to raok someone who hasn't been yet.... ya know? yes, i know i could go through the thank you posts.... but just to make it easier. and yes, sure, there are some people on the board i connect with more, but i think some of those people i think we all connect with more and its easier to buy gifts for people you feel are your 'friends' than someone you may not know as well. i'm thinking, in order for this to be a successful raok group, everyone needs to receive.

:2c

Rebecca-

I think that's a great idea. I had tried that using HTML and strike-through and messed up my blog with it, blah-blah-blah, but the granted next to the item is perfect.

I also try to scroll through and send to someone who I don't know, never talked to, etc. I understand it's fun sending to "friends", but I also try to make new "friends" and think that is terrific thinking.

All in agreement with this, I'd love to hear from you. Anyone who has what they feel might be a better idea, I'm all ears.

I like the way Heather did it too. That way you can put something else on your list if you want in place of the granted item. I'll put in a vote for handling it that way *g* I'll even go update/fix my post now.

Sounds great! I actually bought myself a couple of things from my wishlist so I just deleted those from my list, but marking things as "granted" is a great idea!

Thank you all sooo much for coming up with a solution!! Editing the title and listing the granteds will make it much easier! I'm off to correct my list now...

I wouldn't worry about the Christmas list because that is separate and we're doing a Christmas in July with another list.

I am having trouble finding my wish list again....I am not sure which group I was assigned to...I only signed up last week but am not in group 4....Then to get an address of someone to send to do I have to contact catscradle????

I have forgotten how to find my list or anyone elses. I have been RAOKed & would like to RAOK someone else. If y'all would be so kind as to tell me how to get to it, I could bookmark it. Thanks in advance.

hey deneen - go ck out heather (truelove)'s posting. i think page 2

i really like the way she has her 'granted's listed as well :U

Where is is I cant find it.