"Ultimate Crocheted Socks"

yarnmom

I've been wanting to try to make a pair of socks for a long time now (and even splurged to buy some Regia silk sock yarn -- shh! don't tell my DH that I now own a pair of $20 socks!) Anyway, here is the final result.

IMG_2054.jpg

I used the "Ultimate Crocheted Sock" pattern from CrochetMe. I found the pattern to run large, even though I made the smallest size possible. After reading through some posts on the Ultimate Crocheted Sock CAL, I realize others have had the same issue. My recommendation to anyone interested in trying this pattern is to end the foot rounds at 3" from heel, rather than 2.5"... (Despite the cost of the yarn, I wasn't willing to frog 2/3 of my sock to make that correction...so I hope someone else will benefit from my costly lesson!)

They look fantastic!!:clap

I need to get that pattern, I'm knitting socks, my first one turned out great, and now am attempting it with sock yarn...

but I think I'd be happier crocheting them:eek

Also you didn't have to spend $20 on the yarn:devil I found some great ladies on ebay that have amazing prices on sock yarn and pretty colors on some hand-dyed ones too ;)

Love the socks and love the colors. I have never used sock yarn. What is different about it? I have tried different slipper patterns and they always hurt my feet, like I am walking on gravel or something. Do the socks feel the same way?

Love the socks and love the colors. I have never used sock yarn. What is different about it? I have tried different slipper patterns and they always hurt my feet, like I am walking on gravel or something. Do the socks feel the same way?

Thanks! The sock yarn is much lighter weight than WW yarn. I used an F hook for them. Also, this particular pattern calls for most of the sock to be worked in extended single crochets, so they don't feel as "gravelly" as plain sc might, since they're not as thick.

Awesome socks ~ love the color. Are they as soft as they look??

Thanks for the compliments! So far, I really like the way they feel. I washed them today, too, and they are even softer than before! Some gals and I started a crochet club at work, and we meet for the first time tomorrow, so you know what socks I'll be wearing!

Archived