Dmc perle

veggiebabe

Does anyone have an opinion on the perle threads?

They come in sooo many colors.

Is it good for doilies? Does it hold up without fraying?

I'm planning on buying a bunch of cebelia and I think the perle looks okay mixed with the cebelia (unlike some cheaper ones), it seems a little thicker though.

I don't want to put a bunch of work into something and use inferior thread.

Thanks for your opinions.

I like it for the same reason you do, soooo many pretty colors. I've made lots of stuff with size 8 and 12. I think it holds up just fine. Course I give my stuff away, so I don't really know do I. But it sure looks pretty.

• 1 year later...

I have an old pattern caling for DMC Pearl size 8. I can't find any around here. I tried both size 10 and 20, but they are too big. The pattern uses a 7 hook. Do you know what I can interchange it with? Louise

Anchor and DMC both make great perle cottons. the size 8 is a tad thinner than size 10 crochet thread, interestingly enough...b/c the perle cottons use a different numbering scale (maybe b/c they were created for embroidery?) Anyway, I've used them in bookmarks, doilies, and other little thread projects, and love them. They hold up well, I've had no trouble with fraying, and I love the huge color selection. so yes, go ahead and invest your time and $ in them, I think.

lhendrix35: Here's a website I saw posted about on here, probably ages ago, that carries perle cotton (by anchor in this case) that you might be able to use. stores around here don't carry much perle cotton either..and what they do have, is pitiful (white, black, red):Phttp://yarn-and-threadbylisa.biz/

HTH

MomCrochets,

What a wonderful web site for thread!!!!! The Cebelia and Cordonnet are the BEST prices I have seen anywhere on the web! She has tons of colors in the cebelia and it seems her prices on yarn are much better than the local Michaels and Joanne's. Shipping isn't bad either

Thanks so much for the link,

Toni

Archived