UGLY sweater?

Jadzia

I'm in the ugly camp - looks like what I pull out of my dryer's lint trap. But, as has been said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I know many people hate granny squares with the passion of a thousand Vikings, but I love them. So there you go.

For this piece, I think it's the fuzziness...

• 1 month later...

I admire freeform in other forms, but rarely as wearable art. A bag, yes. A sweater, no. I like the colors, but unless the wearer is pencil thin, I'm afraid this would make anyone look "thick". It appears to me that after weaving in all of the ends and clipping them, someone spilled a bowl of buttons on the floor and accidentally spilled a pot of glue on them and then fell on the floor and rolled in the buttons and fuzzy thread clippings. It just makes me shudder. I'm sure anyone wearing this would get lots of attention. As said several times, to each her own.

I think things like that never get worn except to places like fiber shows or sheep and wool festivals. You can appreciate the work, but please don't expect them to be worn in public.

I felt that some of the clothing I saw one year at the CGOA conference (there's a fashion show each year) fell into the same category. Ok, you're among people who love crochet, we think it's clever, but we'll never wear it.

I'm not a fan of freeform crochet - not to the extent that I would want to try it myself. But I admire people who can connect all these weird, wonderful little motifs into an actual garment, bag or otherwise. I saw a posting on this board with a pretty freeform afghan - I think it was pink. I have simple tastes, so this sweater or vest is not something I would wear. I think I would have to look at is as artwork rather than a wearable item. Very pretty colors though.

You know I had food poisoning last weekend and that monstrosity makes me feel worse than the food poisoning did!

I'm not generally a fan of free form crochet, but I'm not big on abstract paintings either. As we all know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. It's beyond me, but to each his own.

All I have to say is.... it's very artistic....

It's very creative, but as I have an aversion to anything, especially wearable, with fun-fur. The color is nice, I could see it being worn to an 'artsy' event or by an 'artsy' person, but every-day, general use, no. Actually, my reaction was Oh my... now that's overkill. So, I wouldn't call it ugly as in hideous color choices and pattern execution, but definately not a practical piece. Maybe tacky is a better word?

Archived