First Doily & First Attempt at Filet

yarn_monkey

I'm very proud of myself on these! :D These are the largest things I've ever made in thread (I'm really good at snowflakes lol). Let me know what you think!

pineappledoily.jpg

Pattern from here. There are also matching coasters to go with the doily. I'm working on those, but the tiny hook cramps my hand. :P

filethummingbird.jpg

Chart from here. I think I'm going to make this the front of a pillow and give it to my grandmother- she loves hummingbirds and must have 4 feeders! :)

I have no idea what type of thread this is. I bought it at a thrift store in a bag with lots of other threads/yarns. Woohoo thrift store finds! :yay

Beautiful! I especially like the hummingbird (as I like all birds!). So are you hooked on thread now?

Completely! When it comes to thread, I've actually moved beyond snowflakes! :eek I already have a few filet flowers planned for my husband's grandmother too. I actually bought thread that wasn't white! Woohoo! :lol

I :manyheart Love the Pineapple Doily. It's one of my WIPS and my latest obession, PINEAPPLE!!! It's not as nice as yours though, I used a larger hook F and it's coming out with large gaps!

Great job on these and thanks for the link. I may have to make this one in the future. :D

Great :clap job on both items. LOVE the pineapple doily.... the filet crochet is

beautiful. i have NEVER tried filet crochet... don't know if i could do it??? later...judy

Thanks! :) I was having a little trouble with the filet at first, and at some point I threw in an extra block or two (I still have no idea why) but you can't tell, so I don't suppose it's a real "mess up". Once I got into the back and forth process, it started getting easier. You should try it! You'll never know unless you do! :yay

So I just pulled out the cone of this thread and looked inside... Lo and behold I found a lable!! :D Silly me, I should've known to look in there. Anyway, apparently this is made in the UK and distributed in the US by Aurora Yarn Supply, colour Coral, made my Yeoman Yarns. Now, this means nothing to me, but for those of you who like the color, maybe you'll understand it. :P

Archived