Swiffer Wet Jet crochet mop pad

christinascrochethaven

I bought a Swiffer Wet Jet and I'm not crazy over having to purchase the pad refills or throwing the pads away all the time.

So I made this up. I'm going to make one more to have a spare, when the other is in the wash. The pattern will be posted on my website today in the Misc section.

moppad.jpg

moppad2.jpg

I saw that on your site I thought it had been there a while. I thought 'What a great idea!!' I don't have a swiffer mop. But the person I clean with once a month uses something like that. She takes the 'mop' part off and rinses it out, then puts it back on the mop head. I think it's a great idea and definitely keeps more out of the landfill. (And saves money on buying new swiffer pads, too!) Thanks for sharing... :hook

Tina

Thank you so much for the pattern! My parents just bought as swiffer wet jet as we have a dog and a rabbit that both shed quite a bit and our house is all hard wood and tile floors. They wanted me to crochet some pads for them since we use the swiffer a lot and the pads are so expensive! I could only find patterns for the dry swiffer though and didn't feel comfortable making something without a pattern... I'm going to make a couple of these very soon...

Archived