Panera Bread

[TJ MAxx Plaza on South Willow St]

52 March Ave

Manchester, NH 03103

7pm - 9pm

For more updates: www.geocities.com/OffTheHookClub

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey all,

You may have seen this in a previous thread, but we just wanted to make sure anyone interested knew the final outcome...

This is the info for the new crochet group we're starting.

At the first meeting, we're also going to vote on a group name.

If you'll be in the area, please join us! :)

To-Be-Named Crochet Group

Barnes & Noble ~ cafe area

1741 South Willow St

Manchester, NH 03103

Second Wed of every month, effective 9/12/07

7pm - whenever (they close at 11pm)

I'm working on a ghan right now that I started this weekend and need to have finished by 10/1 (kill me now!) so that's the only thing I can focus on. But since I don't exactly want to tote that huge project out in public, maybe I'll work on something small and easy like a bag or scarf. My problem is that when I start talking I lose my ability to concentrate, so I don't exactly end up making anything worthwhile! And I've really only been crocheting since the beginning of the year, so I still need to concentrate a lot on what I'm doing. Actually, Sara and I are pretty new, so you'll have some babes on your hands. :) Hey, we're meeting in the cafe area right? I hope I recognize you.

Yeah, I'm wondering how I'll do with the talk-while-I-crochet thing. I'm thinking it'll be a rather entertaining sight. :lol

Maybe we should gather in the cafe area, all holding up our hooks...then we'll easily find each other!

Oh, and I have blue hair ~ that should help too!

:)

We could always try Panera and see how we like it, no one says we have to stay there forever. If it's not good we could go back to B&N for Nov. I think at the very least it will be less crowded and maybe we can get a slightly larger table to spread out on.

I had a good time too!

The more flyers, the better!!

I just found a few yarn shops in Bedford and Manchester. And I'm vaguely familiar with Nashua because I used to work there...I'll stop in some places there too.

Oh, and Chris wanted to throw in his idea for a group name ~ Off the Hook

Tee-hee!

I like Off the Hook actually. You can tell him he did a good job. :) Hooks N Books was good, but if we stay at Panera it won't work out. So my vote is for Off the Hook.

I'll hit Manchester AC Moore and Michaels, since those are really the only 2 stores I'm familiar with. I know of that yarn store on Chestnut but I've never been in there because of her silly hours. I suppose I could take a day off from work, but that wouldn't be very good of me.

I'll go to all the little yarn shops. I'm free during their odd hours, so it'll work out well...and little Shelley will get an early introduction into yarn-craft :)

Yeah, I was trying to come up with an alternate name...but Hooks N Bread just doesn't have the same ring! I'll let Chris know that we just might use his suggestion...he'll be all proud of himself.

It does sound kinda cool.... We are OFF THE HOOK!! hehehe

You'll have a lot of fun forming a new group. We started one in San Diego

about a year and a half ago, and we have around 15 regulars now. We meet in members' homes for lunch (usually pot luck) and have show and tell and sometimes a program. We did an Irish Crochet Rose for St. Patricks day, which was taught extremely well by our 11 year old boy member!

Are any of you members of CGOA? DId you attend the CGOA Chain Link conference in Manchester last July? Did you know it will be in Manchester again in 2008? Have you considered becoming a CGOA chapter?

Lots of questions!

Jean Leinhauser

I've thought about joining the Crochet Guild of America but haven't yet. Maybe I should put that on my to-do list before the end of the year.

I went and shopped at the Market this summer, but I didn't attend any conferences or classes. I think next summer I will, just to teach myself something new and fun.

Archived