oldbonboys

Australian Crocheter

Hi, My name is Dianne and I live in Australia.

I am 40 and mother of two boys, but love dolls. Have my original CP from my 18th birthday along with my CP Preemie and Barbie and Ken.

I have crocheted since I was small. I have 11 nieces and another on the way - so as you can imagine - Aunty Di is kept very busy making dolls clothes for their various dolls as none of their mums are crafty. I don't mind really as I have two boys and no little girls of my own. The girls love to visit and play with my Dolls which each have their own wardrobe of clothes. My second youngest niece is a Dora nut and I will be trying out some of the outfits for her. Love all of the Dora outfits and CPK outfits that have been posted on this site.

Always looking for new dolls clothes patterns to try out.

I would love to hear from anyone who has similar interests.

At the moment I am madly looking for any patterns for the ideal dolls called Crissy, Velvet and Cinnamon, as My two sisters and I had these dolls when we were younger and they are naked and need clothes to celebrate our 40th birthdays which are all coming up in the next few years.

Hoping to hear from others who enjoy their craft and who would like to talk.

Dianne

action-smiley-069.gif Greetings from Illinois and welcome to the board

Hi Dianne welcome! I too love to make dolls and other toys/clothes and am lucky enough to have a daughter to do it for :) I have no idea what dolls you hope to do for your 40th, wish i did as i love trying out new things :U

:welcome from Arizona! You could post a doll clothes request in the "seeking patterns" section. Be sure to include the dolls' measurements.

Welcome from Ohio!

I love to do dolls and doll clothes too. My daughter is now fourteen and rolls her eyes at me when she sees me crocheting yet another out fit for Barbie. Right now I'm doing the Bratz fashion doll. Don't know why I never tried them before. I've had great fun with the Large and Small Baby Bratz dolls.

I had a Crissy doll when I was young too! I've never seen patterns for outfit for her. You might be better off if you gave out the doll's measurements. I don't have mine any more, but I think I remember the doll being about American Girl size so maybe something for that doll might work. It's worth looking into!

Welcome! I make teddy bears sometimes, but so far no doll clothes. Glad you're here!

Welcome Dianne from another Aussie and another Di :).

I have yet to start doing dolls clothes for DD, I'm made a few things for her Pony's (My little Ponys that is).

I'm sure you will love it here.

Welcome to the 'ville from Ruth in East Texas!

Hi Dianne!

Welcome to Crochetville!

I'm in the Nt - I've done a couple of Barbie outfits now - they're certainly plenty around! I'm sure you could find some for the Ideal Dolls!

Manda

G'day, Dianne!! From a NSWite!!!! Hope you enjoy being here!! We are freezing cold at the moment and heading back into drought faster than a train can run down a 90 degree slope!!!

Greetings Diane! :waving

a cheery :welcome to Crochetville from Michigan, USA! I'm glad you've decided to join us. :hug

I too, love CPK and dolls in general. CP are my favorites though. I'm twenty-four and I've been collecting CPK since I got my first one at age two. I still have most of my childhood dolls. My favorite is the one that my father got me for the 20th anniversary of CPK. It was a doll with the same name as my very first one. :) She's still in her box, she's very sentimental to me as my father passed on a couple of years back. Have you seen the newest CPK dolls? The miniatures are so cute. I'd love to figure out how to make doll clothes that small! :P

I've just recently began to crochet and hope to crochet some outfits for my collection as well. What yarns do you like to use for your doll collection clothes? :) I'd be interested in any opinions or suggestions!

I hope you enjoy your time here at the 'ville as much as I have! There are such a wonderful group of people here! There's always a new pattern to try or a conversation to hop into. :bheart

I look forward to getting to know you and to seeing some of your work on the show-and-tell forum. Happy Hooking to you! :hook

Thanks for that suggestion. From the little bit that I could find on the net - the American Doll clothes don't work because of body measurements. I have been given a Crochet World magazine that has a couple of patterns in it but am still looking for more. Have to dig out the three dolls, Crissy, Velvet and Cinnamon to get all their measurements when I am next visiting Mum. We don't have "American Dolls" here in Australia so I am unsure what measurements they are.

Dianne

Just wondering where you live Mittymoo - I live in Old Bonalbo in Northern NSW. It has been very cold here this winter as well!! The coldest winter since my youngest (15) was a baby. Lots of frozen water pipes etc.