Wear that bedspread

Is the linked scarf ugly or what  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Is the linked scarf ugly or what

• yes, it is completely and fully ugly
    • I wouldn't make that but know people who would want it
    • I would make it but not wear it
    • I like it!!! You don't know what you are talking about

Ack!!! My eyes are burning!! LOL!! Glad to see I am not the only one who thought it looked like a bunch of potholders strung together. I am sure to some it looks fine, but it is definately not my taste. Ehh- to each his own I guess, but this is one of those projects that helps to give crochet a bad name.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ack!!! My eyes are burning!! LOL!! Glad to see I am not the only one who thought it looked like a bunch of potholders strung together. I am sure to some it looks fine, but it is definately not my taste. Ehh- to each his own I guess, but this is one of those projects that helps to give crochet a bad name.

I think this is the main reason I object to this pattern...

Imagine yourself having one of those well-known arguments with a knitter about which is true art and which is not.

The knitter pulls out this picture and you are left hanging with your jaw on the floor and your face ... :embar. There is no comeback to this one.

It really does look like a row of an afghan, badly made and stuck on her neck.

...do you suppose that the deadline arrived before the bedspread was finished so they just went with the row they had?:eek

I think MAYBE if it weren't so wide it would look a tiny bit better. It just looks like it is choking the poor lady there. And put a border on it so we can't see the sloppiness of the joining.

I love granny squares, but not around your neck!! And I think the reason behind the pattern is so you will buy one of every color of the Vanna yarn. I looked at the new pattern books they had at Hobby Lobby using the Vanna yarn. There was a neat afghan in one of the books I thought would be neat to crochet, but again, it had every color of the Vanna yarn, what a trap!!! oh well, I guess we won't be buying the yarn for that scarf anyway, but nice try Vanna people!! (I have missed you too Darski!! where ya been?):D

Archived