frogrockr

Thread Angel

WOOHOO!!!!:D

She's finished and she's just having two more coats of spray paint before she goes..

AngelofMine.jpg

And I have to find something for her to hold...

I'm thinking maybe a tiny hymn book?

What else do Angels carry?

Manda

She is beautiful, maybe a candle in her hands.:yes:hook

Very beautiful. I like the dove idea. I just love angels.:hook

Ok - I'm going hunting in the LYS tomorrow!!!

Manda

She is beautiful!

why not make her an angel of crochet and give her a crochet hook?

why not make her an angel of crochet and give her a crochet hook?

Oh, my paws and whiskers!!!!!!

Thats such a good Idea!!! :yay

And I could do a teeny tiny piece of crochet for her to be making...

Manda

Absolutely beautiful ~ she could be holding a flower.?:cheer

This is not fair!!

They're all excellent ideas!!!!

I have made a few angels now and I try and do something different for each one...... I'm going to do a whole HOST of them now as Christmas presents!

Manda

Or nothing.... bow her head a little with a touch of glue and she could be praying.

This is not fair!!

They're all excellent ideas!!!!

I have made a few angels now and I try and do something different for each one...... I'm going to do a whole HOST of them now as Christmas presents!

Manda

i was going to suggest that. and you could customize each one for whomever you give them too! that gives me an idea:think :eek :eek

i guess i better get busy if i want to try this idea

i was going to suggest that. and you could customize each one for whomever you give them too! that gives me an idea:think :eek :eek

i guess i better get busy if i want to try this idea

Well - this is my 16th:angel one - 9th "full" size. They arent hard - just a bit time consuming, and then you need to have somewhere gecko free to set them to dry.

This is more of a problem than you might think.

I've used a lot of flowers, I made some little hymnals for a trio (complete with illustrations - hence why I use a magnifying lamp) I did buy some 1.5cm Gold keys and crosses I was thinking might work - like a small rosary?

I loved the suggestion of the Dove and the Candle and was back in bed for an hour (insommnia is the PITS I tell you) thinking thoughts of Fimo clay for the Dove....

The idea of the crochet hook - I have a tiny gold crochet hook charm I could use. And if I got out my .65mm hook and some sewing thread I could maybe make a tiny angel and call it "where Angels come from".

Keep the ideas coming - its terrific!:day

Manda

Hey everyone,

I had a hunt through the LYS and the local toy store (there's not much choice here in Darwin) and this is what I came up with.

FinishedAngel.jpg

I liked the way the heart echoes the shape of her wings - which really arent leaning backwards as much as the photo would have you believe.

Thanks for all your support!

Manda

p.s. I have had a couple of questions about the stiffening method I use - its on my blog, but I think I'll make it a separate page so its easier to find.

your angel came out great! i was going to post a request for you to post pictures of your angels and you beat me too it. then i went to check out your blog to see if there were anymore and got side tracked by the horses! so i hope you will share more angels with us they are wonderful!

Getting distracted by the horses :laughroll !!

Perhaps I could make an Angel feature page... Three of my big Show Angels have already gone on to other homes and I have a few small ones sitting on the shelf so I will have to go on a bit of a jag and make some more!!!

Mother_figure was dropping much less subtle hints about how "her sisters both have angels and she *doesnt* ".

Wonder if we could do a worldwide Angel swap??

Manda

Getting distracted by the horses :laughroll !!

Perhaps I could make an Angel feature page... Three of my big Show Angels have already gone on to other homes and I have a few small ones sitting on the shelf so I will have to go on a bit of a jag and make some more!!!

Mother_figure was dropping much less subtle hints about how "her sisters both have angels and she *doesnt* ".

Wonder if we could do a worldwide Angel swap??

Manda

yup distracted by the horses. my 7 year old daughter has become this huge horse freak!!!!!!!!!!! i was lucky she was not looking over my shoulder then we would have been there forever! her favorite show is saddle club and thats filmed in australia.

you gotta love them mothers! but atleast you have someone to give your work to that appreciates it! thats great!

i have found a couple of angel patterns and i got the itch to try them. now i just need to find the thread and buy the hooks and i can give it a try! you have inspired me.

kris

ps - i see in your signature that you are working on a purple thread angel (my favorite color) so please share that when you are done. i was wondering if i could do different colored angels and this will help me decide.

That is beautiful!

yup distracted by the horses. my 7 year old daughter has become this huge horse freak!!!!!!!!!!! i was lucky she was not looking over my shoulder then we would have been there forever! her favorite show is saddle club and thats filmed in australia.

you gotta love them mothers! but atleast you have someone to give your work to that appreciates it! thats great!

i have found a couple of angel patterns and i got the itch to try them. now i just need to find the thread and buy the hooks and i can give it a try! you have inspired me.

kris

ps - i see in your signature that you are working on a purple thread angel (my favorite color) so please share that when you are done. i was wondering if i could do different colored angels and this will help me decide.

Oh dear - If you could ask my mother about what happens to 7yr old little girls who fall in love with horses....

I started riding when I was five. I'm 34 now and I've owned - I think its 11. We tend not to grow out of it :D

Saddle Club is big here amongst kids in Aust, its filmed in Victoria, the property was up for sale about two years ago and they had a HUGE pricetag on it because of the contract with the film company.

The Angels are fairly simple - and you can vary the size based on the hook and thread (of course.. but just saying!:P ). The only thing I find fiddly is getting them to stand up properly but thats just judicious use of stiffeners and good blocking.

The purple one is about 2/3rds finished. I love purple too! This one is for Diane who has visions of an entirely purple Christmas tree with the Purple Angel on top. I have some purple with a silver fleck thread that I'm going to use for the wings - just for a little Pizzazzle.

I have a WIP photo at home which I'll post on my blog for you (tonight if I get a chance - going back up to Toothbrush One land this evening before going out to TB3 tomorrow. Its only 510km of driving I have to do in the next 24 hours:eek ).

I have an idea about doing Angels and then brushing them over with watercoloured dyes and gold/silver leaf....

I need to win the Lottery so I can stay at home and crochet til my fingers fall off.

Manda