Interweave Crochet Fall 2007: Can Hardly Wait!!

hooked2

Not fair! I want my issue too. Nothing yet. Am impatiently waiting for a delivery from Amazon too. Do you suppose it is like a watched pot that never boils??

A watched mailbox never gets filled?

Melissa

LOL, I think that theory is very true!:yes I've checked my mailbox twice today and so far, no mail. :( I hope I get my magazine soon too!:yay

Kim

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.dreamweaveryarns.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=95&products_id=2074

at dream weaver yarns they do have a preview of this one. I like the white bag it looks felted. And the blue/burgundy one looks a whole lot like the big bag that was in the spring one only the squares look smaller in this one. But I think the only thing I would make from it would be the white bag...............

And gosh if I were a knitter I would surely buy the fall knit one. It has tons of stuff I would make in it. :(

I'm happy with it.

I like the sweater on the cover. I just might have a yarn that will do well for the Autumn Romantic Pullover, although I plan to ditch the puff on the sleeves.

I like the Tunisian cardigan as well.

If I had a little one to make things for I would definitely make the kids cardigan.

I received the Fall 2007 issue yesterday and I was so happy (:mail )! I leafed through it first. My first reaction was "OK, but not knock-me-off-my-feet fabulous!" Kinda disappointing (:grumpy ). Then, I was "what in the world is that "all chains" shawl thing (:think )?! Soooo :eek!!!" What happened to that gorgeous Interweave Crochet magazine with the gorgeous crochet patterns (:blink)??!!

OK, breathe. Maybe it's not as disappointing as I initially thought. So, now I'm going through the magazine page-by-page. Perhaps - hopefully - I'll revise my overall opinion. (I have high hopes for the Doris Chan pattern at least because she rocks!! :2rock)

PS: I went over to the Web site to send an e-mail with these thoughts on the new issue. Wrote the e-mail, clicked "Send Comments" and received the following error message "Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/contactty.asp, line 18

800401f3 ." Tried two more times - same result. Do you think they don't want our comments?

I think they are having computer issues or something - the site had shown the Fall 2007 preview, and now its back to the Spring issue.... seems they had a crash!

Got mine recently as well. :) Not too impressed, but definitely more so than last season's. Mostly just happy to have it in subscription now, because I like to keep them all! Never know when I might change my mind and decide I love something from a back-edition that I'm just not in the mood for right now. That Waffle Lattice shawl is different and cool though.

Enjoyed seeing some preview pics from Doris Chan's book Everyday Crochet in here! I've had that book on my wish list, just waiting for it to be released on Amazon. :hook

I subscribed to it a couple weeks ago, and my copy is supposed to be mailed next week. Yesterday I was at the grocery store and was surprised to see the magazine there (this store carries things like Threads magazine so i guess I shouldn't be too surprised). I looked through the whole mag and almost wished I hadn't subscribed yet, so i could have bought it then and there.

I had bought the last issue and my favorite part was the lesson on foundation stitches--anticipation of that kind of thing is probably the main reason I decided to subscribe. I will be interested to read the article about Doris Chan, and the one on felting even tho I do not plan to felt anything now.

I like the designs in the new issue. There is a refinement to them that i like. I doubt if I would make any of them immediately and maybe never, but will be glad to have them in my library. I really like looking at the ads for different yarn companies--spend a lot of time yarn dreaming on the internet but some companies that are advertising in the mag I had never heard of, so will look forward to looking at their sites.

It seems like this magazine is trying to take an overview of the craft of crochet and I like that approach.

Question, I've never seen this mag in person, as no one around here carries it, but it doesn't look like it gives much information to enable easy yarn substitution. Is that true? I don't think I could afford the yarns they use.

Question, I've never seen this mag in person, as no one around here carries it, but it doesn't look like it gives much information to enable easy yarn substitution. Is that true? I don't think I could afford the yarns they use.

Usually the patterns in Interweave Crochet have the standard yarn weight number(don't know the official term) next to the yarn used in the pattern. You know the 1 to 6 number letting you know the weight of the yarn used. I find that very helpful when I don't want to add to my stash or when I just want to use something else.

it's a nice magazine, i love the artsy high-end ads in it, and i've loved some past issues, but i'm starting to wonder why i'm paying $7-8 for crochet mag that has no afghan patterns, which is my main thing. there haven't been any since the new editor started.

also, i don't think i'm a Chan fan. Probably because i don't like the look of lacy things done in worsted. but i do like some of her things that have appeared in the Vogue knitting on the go series.

I was always saw Interweave as the magazine that tends to have some classic crochet garments. I have all the special issues and got a subscription too. There has only been one afghan published (the Babbette Blanket) in all the issues so far. Maybe I missed one?

Crochet Today and Crochet! are likely better that.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my copy in the mail this week, and have also seen it at Walmart and a couple of grocery stores. I think it is great that Interweave is making it available in so many places; hopefully a lot of people will see and buy it!

The Sera top is very pretty and the finished size goes up to a 56" so I am glad to see the plus sizing available. the construction of this top is interesting to me, so probably at some point I will at least start it to see how it is made. I will not use the Sera yarn, unless I find it on sale, as it is about $13 a skein. There are several patterns I think are pretty, and some that involve new techniques, like the chain lattice shawl and the loop stitch scarf...those are interesting.

I like the articles as much as the patterns. I feel like I can learn from this magazine.

I got my copy in the mail this week, and have also seen it at Walmart and a couple of grocery stores. I think it is great that Interweave is making it available in so many places; hopefully a lot of people will see and buy it!

The Sera top is very pretty and the finished size goes up to a 56" so I am glad to see the plus sizing available. the construction of this top is interesting to me, so probably at some point I will at least start it to see how it is made. I will not use the Sera yarn, unless I find it on sale, as it is about $13 a skein. There are several patterns I think are pretty, and some that involve new techniques, like the chain lattice shawl and the loop stitch scarf...those are interesting.

I like the articles as much as the patterns. I feel like I can learn from this magazine.

I felt the same way! I've read thru it a couple of times since I got my issue and see alot of things I would like to make now or maybe in the future. It's a great magazine in my book!

Kim

I really love the patterns in this issue after seeing them on the Interweave site. I considered ordering just this issue from Interweave but the shipping (USD11) is even more expensive than the magazine! To pay almost USD20 is way out of my budget for a magazine. eBay didn't yield any cheaper results either. Sigh. :(

Archived