Knitting Loom - First Project Complete!

CrochetDad

Well, here's my first project (at hat) made with the knifty knitter I got on sale a Joanns the other day. Model is my 16-year old son.

1280123825_3654890c24_m.jpg1280123953_1e688f5550_m.jpg

It's a little bigger than I thought it would be - followed the instructions exactly, except for the yarn. It's RHSS used two strands and the round yellow loom. I'll try the next smaller loom next time. It's very stretchy.

Great hat!

I have a wooden loom but haven't tested it out yet....

Now that I've tried the plastic Knifty Knitter, I want to try the oblong plastic one or the wooden type as well. I've found limitations with the round one - it's difficult to decrease stitches - like for the crown of a hat.

Now that I've tried the plastic Knifty Knitter, I want to try the oblong plastic one or the wooden type as well. I've found limitations with the round one - it's difficult to decrease stitches - like for the crown of a hat.

That's why I ordered this loom but haven't used it much yet.

My DH uses knitting looms and purchased the Dream Ring - it's his very favorite, one of our best investments:

http://www.dreamlooms.com/

With this loom, you can decrease in the round and even knit cables by moving the pegs around. You can knit back and forth for flat fabric. My DH made a cableknit throw on this and it is gorgeous. I'm a "needle knitter" and can't tell the different between his work on this loom and anything I can do on needles.

Bernat and Knifty Knitter both have book support available for about a $1/each.

My DD is my loomer...but her attention span is about that of a gnat so...

I did buy a pattern book when I bought the Knifty Knitter - seemed to give better instructions (and a more readable font) than what was included in the package.

I don't think I need help - just more time...:juggle

• 4 weeks later...

Archived