Central Mississippi here - looking for others

2020kitten

:waving

Hi, y'all!

I looked for other Mississippi crocheters, and the thread was pretty old, so I thought I'd start a new one.

I'm in Florence, and I've been crocheting since 1977, and I've done a bit of everything: yarn, thread, doilies, afghans, bags, freeform, antique patterns, and even a bit of knitting.

I'd like to "hook up" :hook (pardon the pun) if anyone is close by!

Hugs,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a Mississippi girl too. I'm in the central part of the state in a small town called Stewart. It's located on highway 82 between Winona and Eupora.

I've been crocheting since I was about 10 and I'm in my 40's now. I have a 19 year old daughter who's going to MUW in Columbus. I would love to hook up with other Mississippi crocheters.:hook

I believe you don't remember Stewart. In '88 we were small, but now we're even smaller. The highway got most of the town. We have 2 stores, a post office and a fire department. We use to joke that if you blinked while you were going through Stewart, you would miss it, now it seems like that's true.

I don't get to Jackson much, but my husband does have family there.

If you get down this way, to visit with your in-laws, let's meet for coffee - or wine, if that's your preference! ;-)

I'm not sure when I'll get to Jackson, but when I do I would love to meet for coffee. I'll let you know.:manyheart

I go to Hobby Lobby as often as possible, a couple of times a month at least. I know it's not Knit Wits, but it's convenient.

Sometime, if you want, we can meet up there, or at Borders.

Joy's needlework shop is open on Lakeland, near Hobby Lobby, in Flowood. She's not dedicated to yarn - in fact, she does more with cross stitch and embroidery; but what she does have for crochet, knitting, tatting, etc., is REALLY NICE.

The get-together in Columbus sounds like it might be doable; some of us in Jackson could get together & ride together. The only problem I might have for the next few weeks would be waiting for my back to finish healing, so I could sit for the long drive. Other than that, I could drive - it's been a few years, but I think I could find my way back!:drive:hook

And Columbus & Stewart aren't quite so far apart, either.

For those of you who haven't been to Columbus, it's a lovely town.

Oh, I forgot about Joy's. I haven't been to Joy's since it moved.

And it is near Hobby Lobby...and I drive by it every day.

Really, we should do a meet-up. Wouldn't that be fun??

I've never been to Columbus...but I do know how to get there.

Yarns Downtown is in the downtown area of Columbus, and is open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 10 to 5. I'm sure Christy will be happy to accomodate our group, should we decide to meet there.

Yarns Downtown website

My daughter goes to MUW and she loves Yarns Downtown. She said she was going to take me the next time I visit her.

So, would y'all like to schedule a day to meet? I've spoken to Christy, and she will be more than happy to have us meet there!!

There is a nice little restaurant just down the block, called Cafe on Main that is reasonable, and has good food. Also, a place around the corner called The Front Door/Back Door, and it's really nice too!!

Would a weekday be ok, or do we need to plan for a Saturday? Let's start throwing some dates around!!!!

So close but so far.....waahhhhh.....

I'm a teacher at Hudspeth Regional Center, and I'm taking a student for an eval at TK Martin at MSU/Starkpatch on Tuesday Nov 6.

Don't think I can handle two trips to the Golden Triangle in 1 week.

Wonder if Janie & the crew at TKM would consider doing a Saturday eval so I can sneak over to Columbus?

Nah...I don't think Janie is into yarn obsession.

Y'all have fun!!!!!!!

Maybe we in Jackson can get together for a meetup as well, and I've also met online a lady who used to post on the 'ville, and she's up for a meet-up, too.

Hugs!

Archived