Hubby finally caved...

diamond

I'm so excited. My hubby finally caved and is allowing me to convert our spare bedroom into a Craft/spare bedroom. If you could see it now you would be shocked. Yarn everywhere, in baskets, on the daybed, in plastic bags, in cloth bags, in the folding laundry bags, then there's the books, magazines, printouts from the web. There's also my polymer clay materials, my computer books (I'm a certified tech), my beads & tools for bead-making, my photography equipment (I'm a photographer also), extra printers, extra computer equipment, tools (hammer, screw drivers, pliers, etc), and let's not forget all the book keeping that I do for the house. And I'm sure I am forgetting something but you can get the idea of this room. This is also my Mac room. :devil

So we went to Rooms To Go yesterday and looked & looked for the perfect pieces of furniture to store all my 'things'. We bought 2 huge armoires, a corner closet (which we don't need as this room has a nice size closet) that has shelves and just too perfect, an open shelf to sit beside the corner closet, a new desk (one now will be donated to Freecycle), and a bookcase all in the prettiest blonde wood. It is going to make all the difference to this room. And get this.....the furniture we chose was all in the kids department. Seems the kids furniture is designed for more storage than adult furniture and it still looks great without being too kidzy.

I'm going to post before & after shots either on my blog or web site for all to see. I am soooooo excited. :manyheart

I would love to have my craft/computer room back again..

When the oldest daughter moved back home with us, I lost the room :( so now I have it up in the attic, in my bedroom closet, bookshelf in living room, dresser full of stuff.. One more year of school and she moves out.. But now my 8 yr old wants the room, she is tired of sharing with her 6 yr old sister.. Errrr I guess I wont have a craft room till she moves out too..

Hubby and I have talked about buying one of those real nice sheds that looks like a house, and put it in the back yard, insulate the inside, put sheet rock up, than paint the inside, and electricity and make that my craft house..It will be my get-a-way house...lol... Probably in a few more years we will get that idea done up..

I would love to have my craft/computer room back again..

When the oldest daughter moved back home with us, I lost the room :( so now I have it up in the attic, in my bedroom closet, bookshelf in living room, dresser full of stuff.. One more year of school and she moves out.. But now my 8 yr old wants the room, she is tired of sharing with her 6 yr old sister.. Errrr I guess I wont have a craft room till she moves out too..

Hubby and I have talked about buying one of those real nice sheds that looks like a house, and put it in the back yard, insulate the inside, put sheet rock up, than paint the inside, and electricity and make that my craft house..It will be my get-a-way house...lol... Probably in a few more years we will get that idea done up..

OH to have a craft house all to your own!! That would be just the best ever! My daughter (23yo) kept moving back after high-school but it seems she's out for good now. She's going to college, working full-time and doing really well for herself. I'm really proud of her. Now to get my oldest son (25yo) out with his 2 ferrets, 1 big dog, turtles, iguana, and 20+ snakes. Youngest son (18yo) will start college in June and stay at home at least for a while. He's only got 3 snakes and is a great kid. Not that my oldest isn't great, just not 'into' moving out yet. I think it may have to do with the zoo in his bedroom. Who'll allow that but a mother? :manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

My furniture is here and I've been putting things away all day. Will take a good part of tomorrow too. I took pictures of my stash but not the day it was totally trashed or the day I had to clean up because my sister was coming for a visit. I took it today after the furniture was put in. Now to take more after everything is put away. I NEED MORE CABINETS!!! I'm so excited tho. Everything is looking so neat and I can SEE my yarns. I never knew I had so much stash. I have my own LYS right here in my own house!! I am not kidding either. :c9

Oooh!

Very nice! I can't wait to see pictures. I used to have a craft room, back when I was into rubber stamping. It's kind of become the "junk" room and my son's computer room. And the Lizzard & Fish room :lol

DH & I were talking this weekend about what to do to get it back in order. There is a 15 ft wall that has some bookshelves on it. We're going to get rid of them and fill the lenght with white cabinets (top & bottom) and a counter top. Mr. Lizzard will go on that counter which will free up the table and the cabinets will let us get a lot of "stuff" put away.

A craft *house* would be fantastic. MMMMMM, put some nice, comfy chairs to crochet in!

Holly

A craft house all to youself! That would be so cute!

Good luck putting everything away! I always try to get organized, forget where I put everything, pull it all back out into piles and decide I prefer organized chaos! :blush

. Now to get my oldest son (25yo) out with his 2 ferrets, 1 big dog, turtles, iguana, and 20+ snakes. Youngest son (18yo) will start college in June and stay at home at least for a while. He's only got 3 snakes and is a great kid. Not that my oldest isn't great, just not 'into' moving out yet. I think it may have to do with the zoo in his bedroom. Who'll allow that but a mother? :manyheart:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl oh i so agree. just make sure those little beasties don't get out of their cages:heehee :heehee :heehee had that happen once when i was babysitting:heehee the kid who i was sitting for thought it would be funny to leave the boa out where he could come visit me:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek i screamed so loud, am suprised the neighbors didn't call the police:rofl :rofl :rofl yup only a mother:devil :devil:hug vicki

Archived