C’Ville Sepetmber Mocha Swirl Tote XIV

Tampa Doll

When I think of Sepember, I think of Labor Day, the last of the long hot summer weekends.:hot

Growing up in South Jersey, you headed down to Atlantic City to take that last dip in the Atlantic Ocean (brr:wbrr ) before the start of a new school year, then off to see old school friends and to meet new ones.

Then later in life, getting the kids ready and off to their first day of school, and sitting back down at the kitchen table with a relaxing cup of coffee.:morcoffee

So selecting the Mocha Swirl yarn by Peaches and Cream seemed like a nice tribute to these memories.

I hope your memories of past Septembers are fond ones and are rekindled with the beauty of the C’Ville Mocha Swirl Tote XIV.

SeptemberMochaSwirl003.jpg

(clickable)th_CVilleXIVSeptemberMochaSwril.gif

The colors used are Peaches and Cream WW Mocha Swirl for the bag, baby pink for the handles and flower, and chocolate for the edging.

The pocket is made with Aunt Lydia’s size #10 Fudge Brown and white thread.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another gorgeous bag!! I love these colors. I need to find some of the yarn you used on this one!!

Each bag you make is absolutely gorgeous!

Love how you write about how you pick the colors.

Excellent Job :clap:clap:clap:clap

Absolutely lovin it!! I've never seen the mocha swirl before... I'm going to have to scope that out... my cotton stash is getting rather low..

..sure wish something would get cool around here... looks like it will be a few more weeks

Very nice!! Do you line your bags?

No:sigh the bags are not lined. I figured, that everyone has lots of wip's going and they usually carry them in plastic bags. This way, they could put a wip in, in its plastic bag and if they want to change, just wip out the old one and put in the new one.:shrug

Another reason is I DO NOT SEW:no . I tried a couple of times to line bags and they looked like a 2 year old did it. No they looked worse than a 2 year old would do.

Glad you all like the bag. Of course I got the yarn from my favorite cotton yarn place.

http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/

Everytime I see your bags, I think that's my favorite, no that's my favorite, etc. etc. etc. By far I like this one!! I liked your story about getting the kids off to school and kicking back with a cup of coffee!!!! Well, I'm sitting back and kicking back with my cup of "java", as my dh is a school teacher, and HE'S BACK TO WORK!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love having my dh home during the summer, BUT I don't get much crocheting done when he's around!! :eek:lol Anyway, I just love the color of this bag!! As always, "great job"!!:clap

Another great one, Mary Jo! I didn't think there were that many different color combinations to come up with, but I guess there is! :) This one for some reason is making me hungry. :lol (And wanting a mocha!!) :coffee

Great Job, Mary Jo~~ As usual! :yes

Tina

ok this is by my my most favoriteist (is that even a word?:think )one!

i have to learn how to make me one of those awesome bags. pink, brown and white seems to be my favorite colors of the season! but i have not been able to find the yarn/cotton with all those colors and that bold!

great job!

Archived