New Guy from Missouri

stillwjo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Job on the Dragon.

I must give this one a try as my youngest son collects dragons and wizards. My eldest son learnt to do some basic crochet when he was in primary in the school's "interest afternoons" while the youngest did a little knitting.

Of course they are teenagers now and don't want to know.

At the time they made items coloured to match their local Sydney Football teams.

Hi and welcome. If you haven't found it already http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com has tons of free patterns although they don't have a section marked "Manly" or "Tough" LOL. Also http://www.freepatterns.com has a lot of stuff. That one you have to register for, but it's free.

Again welcome!

Hi There! :waving

:mdust:welcome:mdust from a fellow crochet lover in MI! It's always nice to see a new face. I'm glad you've decided to join us! :hug

There's always a new pattern to try or a conversation to jump into around here and everyone is so helpful! They're a great bunch! :bheart I hope you enjoy your time here at the 'ville as much as I have.

I've been crocheting like crazy for about six months now. I am also self-taught. :) I think it's so cool that you've learned so that you can teach your daughter! What a great craft for the two of you to do together.

I look forward to seeing your work in the show-and-tell folders and getting to know you!

Happy Hookin'! :hook

• 3 years later...
Here's Jennifer's dragon:

cvdragon.jpg

First, :welcome to Crochetville!!

Second, AWESOME dragon, I can totally understand why your daughter loved getting this for her birthday! Great job!!! :tup

• 1 month later...

Nothing wrong with showing some team pride (even if its for the wrong team lol ) When i first learned I was too impatient with myself and was a chain-a-holic for a long time. Had chains all over the house for ever holiday and just because :) I got over it and so will she :) Welcome to crochetville !

Hey there!!!! Great to see people from Mo! I'm from O'Fallon Illinois however living in England at the moment. My hubby is Air Force. I think it's great for guys to crochet. I would love to see pics of the booties. You did a great dragon!!! Way to go! My mom lives by Lake of the O'zarks are you far from there? Anyway would love to see more of your work. Below are my websites take a look at my work. I myself have not been crocheting for too long. Once again way to go. Add me on facebook and we can share our projects if you want, ;)

Welcome from Central Iowa! I think crochet is great fun, no matter your gender. I do wish there were more men around here though. The booties sound like great fun. And the dragon is a DOLL! I bet your daughter is thrilled with him!

Archived