New Guy from Missouri

stillwjo

Looks like I'm in a very small group of male crocheters. I'm in Bolivar, just north of Springfield. I just taught myself how to crochet in July so I could teach my daughter. She's a chaining fool but I'm trying to teach her some basic crochet stitches. We have 6 ft long chains everywhere.

I started with different kinds of coasters then jumped up to oldbaglady's baby snow dragon. I gave it to my daughter for her birthday monday. She loves stuffed animals so to get one made by her daddy was really cool.

I just finished 2 pairs of baby booties for my brother's baby that's due in October. Before you say anything about how sweet that is, let me say that one pair is Miami Dolphins blue with an orange bow and the other pair is just the oposite. They're really cool. I'm also going to make a matching blanket.

I'd be glad to hear from anyone.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is so great you making items for your family ~ please post pics so we can see them ~ especially the dragon ~ actually I'd love to see the booties too. :yay

18.giffrom Saskatchewan canadaf.gif

:welcome

I think it's great to see more guys crocheting! Personally that's actually how i started crocheting myself.My son learned how to do it (he will soon be 18 ) He has about as much patients as myself (which isn't a whole lot LOL) I figured if he could do it surely i could! Though I don't do it yet as well as he does.He also has made some pretty cool sports related items for the new babies in the family. I know you will love it here at crochetville. Great bunch of people here.:hook

Oh so cute, GREAT Job, I love that guys crochet...my DH tries buy all he does is mess up my work.....LOL But he is a good guy..

Make sure and show us your works......I mean your crochet works....Welcome!!!!

Hey we are almost neighbors, I live in Lebanon:D It is great to see another Missourian here.

I think it is great that men crochet. When I lived in Texas the guy that lived across the hall from me in the apt building crocheted all of the time. He and I used to spend a lot of lazy Sunday afternoons together, crocheting and going through patterns and such. I tried teaching my husband one time, but he was kind of clumsy with it, but we had a good time laughing about it.

Welcome to the Board

Blondie

Hello from MidMO, I'm in Columbia. Excellent job on that dragon, I'd love to see those booties.

I think your very small group may be larger than you think. My husband's cousin Bob has been crocheting most of his life (he is probably mid to late 60's now). He does beautiful work. He made us an afghan for our wedding. He usually has a bag of strawberry, watermelon or flower smiley face potholders to hand out. He says it always makes ladies smile when he hands them out.

I am familiar with Boliver as my Dad has family down that way. I think many years ago one of his cousins ran a restaurant there. I can remember stopping in there for lunch when we coming back from visiting with my Grandmother.

Anyway :hi and :welcome from MO (between Lee's Summit and Warrensburg)!

And good job on the dragon!

Archived