UPDATE SEE POST 33! Jamie Hyneman *VERY IMG HEAVY!!!*

Nutsaboutcrochet13

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, that is about the coolest crochet thing I have ever seen :D I am a huge mythbusters fan!!!! I agree you should email them your pics; I wouldn't doubt it if Jamie got a big kick out of your creation!

Wow, thanks guys! :D I've finished making the beret...but haven't woven in the ends.... but here's pics anyway!

th_IMG_2375.jpg

You can see an end there....*blushes*

th_IMG_2374.jpg

Here's a close-up. His eyebrows are very bushy!

Thanks so much for all the kind words everyone! I'm currently working on another doll, though not a Mythbusters doll... yet. I think I will eventually do the rest of the gang minus Buster, have you noticed they don't really use him anymore? :( They use Ballistics Gel heads/hands/bodies.

Who saw the new show last night?? Poor Jamie! I may have to add a scar the doll's nose....

Other than that I LOVED the show last night, it was a blast!!!

Clickable pics.

BTW Any suggestions on how to make his glasses? I tried teddy bear glasses (they were the right shape!), but they were either too big or too small (typical). I want them to be see-through, so crocheting them wouldn't work. Durn.

I don't watch that show but your doll is just great. I made a pair of wire glasses for a santa once. Just get the color, silver or gold, and the size of wire you want your glasses to be and form them into the shape you want. I think you are extremely talented to make such a great looking doll. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

I would also suggest craft wire. It comes in a variety of different thicknesses. You could then approximate the shape of the teddy bear glasses, but make them the size you need.

For the glasses I suggest about an 18-20 guage craft wire (the higher the guage, the thinner the wire). It comes in silver and gold tone. That'll give you structure without being too difficult to work with. I wouldn't go any thicker than 18 though :)

It's amazing! Are you going to make Adam too? I think you should make all the gang and send the set into them. I bet they would make it into the show somehow!

I noticed the absence of Buster as well. I miss him but I guess the gel is a lot easier to work with.

wow. wow. WOW!!

you are amazing!

I love this - very realistic and yet very adorable. You need to send Mythbusters these picks!!!

Seriously!

This is brilliant!!

Absolutely awsome. I agree you should at least send a pic to Mythbusters!!

• 7 months later...

Oh I love those myth busters too. They are so funny. And if I saw your Jaime walking down the street I wouldn't be able to recognize him from the real one. TOO TOO CUTE.

Archived