Tam w/cabled fingerless gloves

Starr

I've been away for quite awhile, but now I'm back and I wanted to share a couple of projects that I made this summer.

The Tam, I made about a month ago. I was trying to imitate one that I saw in a TV show that was set in the year 1913 in England. it's close, but the yarn wasn't heavy enough and I didn't put the ponpom on it.

The gloves I started while driving around Yellowstone Park last week (on the 14th, I think). I would finish one, not be happy with it, frog it, and start again. I think I frogged it about a half a dozen times before I got this one and was happy enough to make the other. I didn't have any pattern for it, I just did it. I made the set using Mission Falls 1824 Wool 100% Merino Superwash wool. If your not allergic to wool, I highly recommend this yarn, it's well worth the price. At my LSYS, it cost $6.98 for 85 yards.

The set:

DSC00460.jpg

The Tam:

DSC00459.jpg

The gloves:

DSC00455.jpg

and this is me wearing the Tam at Yellowstone:

DSC00180.jpg

I also made my daughter a set of Cabled fingerless gloves at Yellowstone and finished hers on the flight back home, but I haven't taken any photos of it yet. I made hers out of Alpaca with a Twist Baby Twist 100% baby Alpaca yarn and they feel divine! I bought some Baby Twist to make me another pair!

Thank you!

I'm not a "pink" person, but that color seems to work for me :D

Waterfall is cool ~ nice picture. Thanks for sharing. :yay

You're welcome :D

It really was a beautiful view!

Archived