"Piggy" Bank

Mom w/a Motif

I am embarrassed to even post this, but... Here goes... I one day got the bright idea to make a 'Piggy' bank. (Like my stashbuster coffee can cozy... don't know if any of you saw that either... :blush ) Well, it didn't turn out as cute as I had pictured in my head, but... Our four year old likes it. Although he did say 'It looks like a monster pig' :lol Our ten year old said 'It's eyes are too big'.... Maybe someday I'll get enough motivation to make another one and do the eyes different....

Edited to add: I typed up the pattern for anyone who would like to make one themselves; here. Have Fun!! :pig

th_SUNP0083.jpg

(Clickable)

Here is another shot:

th_SUNP0082.jpg

I guess it is ugly no matter what angle you get it. :lol

Here is where the coins go in:

th_SUNP0005.jpg

Well thanks for looking. At least if nothing else maybe you got a laugh out of how ugly it is. :P

Oops. Forgot to post a picture of the coffee can I used for the 'bank'-- with a slot in the top for the coins to go in (which is why I made a slot in the top of the cozy...)

th_SUNP0084.jpg

Tina

I think it's kind of cute! My dd would love that since she likes to carry her piggy bank around everywhere she goes and always asks why hers "piggy" bank is bear shaped! It is very clever and I wouldn't be able to come up with a pattern of my own at all. It would look like a monster!!

He has $3.78 in there already! He keeps asking me 'Do you have any money?' (to put in his bank...) I keep trying to fill mine up (the stashbuster one), but it keeps mysteriously disappearing... :think

:lol

I like this idea, it jazzes up an otherwise boring money bank, wonder how long it will take her to fill the pigs belly :)

I have it all written down, I just need to get it typed up on my blog. I am in the process of looking for a new job right now :sigh ... But I will try to get it up soon!

Tina

Awww that's super cute! My 3 yr old would LOVE it! He keeps asking me to make him something! The piggy bank he has is ceramic so I can't really let him play with it! Will you be sharing the pattern by chance?

See first post. I typed up the pattern for anyone who would like to make one themselves... :hook Thank you everyone. I didn't think anyone would even like this- not even KnicKnac! :lol

Tina

:lol That's okay, Mary Jo. I forgive you. :P I don't know where these ideas come from, but... :hook You're welcome for the pattern. :hug

Sorry Tina, but I think it is cool looking. I love the snout and the eyes. Thanks for the pattern.:hook

Archived