Tidal wave victims

Ambersafghans

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whatever the group decides I'm one with all of you here. It still breaks my heart to see all of the victims of the tsunami. Thank God the Philippines was spared, my country is just located northern of Indonesia.

I have also been trying to figure out how I can help and last sunday when I went to church there was a second money collection intended only for the tsunami victims here in Asia.

I continue to pray for all the victims of the tragedy.

Thanks pidot :hug I think most of us are making some little toys to cuddle. Also I think Ambers idea of comfortghans is great. Maybe make smaller ones though so more folks can get them.Who knows we may never find a way to get them to those poor people but they'll find a good home somewhere.

Also I know that most groups that make toys for children sew the faces on so there aren't choking hazards.

Thanks so much Hon I'm glad the Philippines was spared to :cheer2 Theres so many lost and suffering allready it's just unbelievable :cry

Well I heard back from the group here in Nashville. They say they cannot take the stuffed animals now.

I NOT giving up on this. :) On the TODAY Show there was a lady whose son is in helping medically in Sri Lanka and she has collected many stuffed animals and is sending them to her son (who requested them). So I am going to try to find out how to get in touch with her to get an address.

I'll still try to find a group here in Nashville too.

Barbara

Just a thought and my :twocents - Have you thought about the American families that are here, that have lost loved ones from this disaster. Maybe something can be done to help those families. Don't know what we could do. But just a thought...........

Michelle

I'm Back! And no I didn't get mad. Thanks for the comments. :)

My Dad sprang a Computer tear down on me and instead of lasting only a day or two, it's been almost a week. but we now have the connection back! I don't have all my emails and favorites yet, but it's coming. That's why I was gone.

I see a lot of sense in all the comments. I'd like to help, but I also want to help the way they need help. I"m normally pretty good at organizing some things, but for some reason my brain isn't kicking in. I would like to try some of the animals, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do because I'm still running a bussiness.

I hope to try selling things through ebay, but I need to figure what that would really sell. (I just got some new yarn! Cha cha, bernet Galaxy and Paton's Devine for scarf "experiments". Actually, one is for my Aunt, if she gets back with me, and one for my brother. Whatever I have left will go to be sold. I'll try selling anywhere I can, but I think selling face to face is better.

So what I'm saying, is that I don't know how much if any I"ll be able to crochet for this. :( (which is why I hesitated to post the idea) But I"ll try.

Anyway I'll go see who all wanted to help with the comfortghan and see if we can get that going. But, maybe it would be easier to make the comfortghans for people in the U.S and smaller items to send out? Any thoughts on that?

Thanks Alisha for wanting to help and backing me up! Thanks Barbara and Coralie and all those I can't name. And to whoever said they were going to donate to known charities instead, that is perfectly fine with me and I am not at all mad. God bless you all for caring and helping however he shows you to help!

Amber

Amber :)) Glad you are back :bounce

I tell ya, you are one amazing, well spoken teenager, or I should say young lady. Just the fact that you want to help with all that you have going on with homework as well as other obligations means a lot. Whether you can donate one dollar, one square towards a comfortghan or one teddy bear, it is the thought that counts. :)h

Coralie

:))

Hey I was glad to hear the news yesterday night that the filipino forensic team volunteered to take samples of the dead bodies that haven't been recognize yet. :clap People there had already been advice to leave the areas where there are still a lot of dead bodies found to prevent from themselves from catching any disease.

I think that our gov't here hasn't been donating a lot of money :hee but i'm sure that a lot of individuals here are sharing their blessings to the victims of the tsunami.

But above all, we are still glad knowing everyone is helping out. :sun

Fe

Archived