Looking for a good book to read

Hi..

I know there is an author who writes fictional stories about a yarn shop and knitting. Anyone know of an author or book title that is fictional with crocheting weaved into the story?

I've read the scrapbook mystery books... and now I'm looking for something similar.

Anything?

Hi..

I know there is an author who writes fictional stories about a yarn shop and knitting. Anyone know of an author or book title that is fictional with crocheting weaved into the story?

I've read the scrapbook mystery books... and now I'm looking for something similar.

Anything?

Try reading some books by Monica Ferris - they're not crochet-related but they're good mysteries with needlecrafts/work in them. :)

Debbie Macomber is the author who writes fictional stories about a yarn shop and knitting. The books are good even for non-knitters! :lol

HTH!

Also, there's a mystery series set around a yarn shop and knitting in Colorado by Maggie Sefton that I like, and another mystery series in a 'knitting shop' by Mary Kruger that I haven't tried yet. Enjoy! Patty

(PS I like the Maggie Sefton ones much better than Monica Ferris' series, although Ferris includes a lot of different needle crafts, not just knitting, even a little crochet, into here, but lots of needlepoint.)

Also, there's a mystery series set around a yarn shop and knitting in Colorado by Maggie Sefton that I like, and another mystery series in a 'knitting shop' by Mary Kruger that I haven't tried yet. Enjoy!

If you liked Maggie Sefton's books than you should really like Mary Kruger's. I've read all of them and thought they were really fun. Mary Kruger has two books out now too.

I've actually thought about writing something like this with crochet. I have no idea what a plot would be on something like it, but it's an idea to think about.

Many years ago I got a used book called "A farewll To Yarns". I don't know who wrote it. The woman crocheted an afghan, organized a craft sale and solved a mystery. I think there were others by the same writer, with pun type titles. It was 15+ years ago.

Ellie 13

JODI PICOULT...

some seriously good intense reading....

LOVE her books! Just discovered her a few months ago and am on book 4 of hers. I've bought all of them and they're stacked up, each screaming "me next me next"!

But so far no crocheting in any of the books!:hook

I like Debbie Macomber, and I have read a lot of Jodi Picoults' books, too. I think Debbie Macomber is coming out with a new book. 'Back on Blossom Street'. I don't know when it will be published, though... Maybe it's already out? :think You can go to www.debbiemacomber.com maybe you can find out more there...

I will have to write down all those other books; they sound interesting!! I love to read almost as much as crochet. :book

Tina

Another book I liked was 'Gap Creek' by Robert Morgan. It doesn't talk about crocheting or knitting, but it has one little piece in it about something someone made her for her baby... It was a good book. I loaned it to my sister in law and haven't seen it since.

Tina

Archived