What to do when its 100 degrees out

coffeeandcrochet

Why stay inside and make scarves of course lol. Last week when it was over 100 here for three days in a row, I made these scarves (the pink camo one also has a matching hat). Today the weather is supposed to be near or at 100 again. hmm maybe another scarf is in order. Anyway thanks for looking and have a great day

crochet07083.jpg

Those are really nice looking scarves!! It's been 100 here lately. I have some round ripple afghans that I really need to finish, but it's too hot to work on them right now. Two years ago I was in this hat phase!! I have a big ol plastic tote filled to the rim with crochet and knit hats, so maybe I should make matching scarves for them. I plan on giving them to our St. Vincent de Paul Society(they give to the less fortunate or homeless!!) Thanx for the idea!!:hook:)

When it is hot out. I stay in and trying to finish three afghan that i havent finished. I been to busy moving from new york to lousiana. Plus we have a stray dog last month. We couldnt get rid of her so we are keeping her. Now that I have time. I will be doing them. Again. That I have found them.

When it is hot out. I stay in and trying to finish three afghan that i havent finished. I been to busy moving from new york to lousiana. Plus we have a stray dog last month. We couldnt get rid of her so we are keeping her. Now that I have time. I will be doing them. Again. That I have found them.

Hope your move goes smoothly. Good luck with your dog we have a pound puppy, she was being turned back in to the shelter they were not able to find her a suitable home, she was on the chopping block so to speak. She is a beagle mix We couldn't let them do that to her. We brought her home, that was 12 yrs ago and she is the best dog ever:dog She has terminal cancer now, and has maybe 6 months enjoy your move, your poochie and happy crocheting:hook

It has been very hot here in Va. and humid.

I have been doing a pineapple doily for a iternet friend's birthday

in Sept.

It is rather large one

Took me several days to make it; but I love doing pineapples. Pinkroses

Hmmmm what to do when its over 100? For me that is about 6 months out of the year or more so I crochet during the day, swim in the evenings and try to sleep at night. After awhile you just get used to it. Hey I just got an idea! I wonder if I could crochet a cactus or two? Maybe after I get some of my WIPs out of the way I will have to try that. If anyone has ever done this let me know. I would love to see a crochet cactus.

There are a couple of us trying to arrange a get-together when the weather cools off. You know, when we get a cold front and the weather inches in the lower 90s.

Hope you enjoy Louisiana.

Glad you took in the stray. :manyheart

Archived