1. 1. Do you tie knots?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I used to tie knots but I never liked the little hard bump in my work, so now I just leave a longer tail and work it into my next row. I wash everything I make before I give it away and have yet to ever have anything fall apart.

• 2 months later...
I don't always tie knots, but I do most of the time. I've never had a problem with a knot showing either. And I always leave ends to work over or in because I've had some of my early things try unraveling because I cut too close to the knot...

Agree. I have had items made by others that knot and cut but did not weave and they knots came undone.

Also the square knot is not a good knot. The overhand knot with both threads is a more secure and smaller knot.

Sometimes. I always weave in in two directions, whether or not I tie knots. I tie knots

when i don't think they will disturb the texture.

I tied when I started up till I read somewhere not to, about 20 years ago. I haven't since then. No problems that I've seen or heard about:think. I do leave good sized tails to weave in and try to weave as I go or it takes time when I'm ready to be done :eek with a project.

I not only tie knots but I glue all my knots with a fabric clue. I make mostly hats so it's easy to hide all the knots on the inside of the hats. Even when I make scarves I do a little weaving and hide the knots inside of stitches.

If I were making things for myself I wouldn't worry about my knots coming untied. I'm pretty careful with the things I spend all that time hand making and I can always fix it if something came untied. However, since I sell my items I want them to be super durable. I never want negative feedback from a customer!

• 3 weeks later...

I tie knots and work the ends in......I'm afraid something will unravel and I won't be able to put it back together again. I have seen in so many patterns that is says not to but....I don't find it to be lumpy or anything so what can it hurt to have my peace of mind? :)

Yes, I knot, because I don't want it to unravel in the wash, the way a baby blanket did that a friend had crocheted for me. And I always use washable yarns.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The old afghans my late mom made she tied knots. And after a while the knots came out. I don't tie knots and no matter how much I wash my afghans it never comes undone. Plus,no matter how it's done, I could always find the knots.

Archived